Clownfish discoloration and behavior not normal?

djwhite98

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 6, 2023
Messages
12
Reaction score
5
Location
new york
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this pair of clownfish for about a year, when I woke up this morning I noticed they weren’t together. The smaller of the two I found in the middle of the tank almost on the sand and hugging and rock. Almost never leaves the top corner except to eat. He also in normally a dark orange, today is is allot lighter with what looks like blotches on his skin.
IMG_4901.jpeg
IMG_4897.jpeg
 
I’ve had this pair of clownfish for about a year, when I woke up this morning I noticed they weren’t together. The smaller of the two I found in the middle of the tank almost on the sand and hugging and rock. Almost never leaves the top corner except to eat. He also in normally a dark orange, today is is allot lighter with what looks like blotches on his skin.
IMG_4901.jpeg
IMG_4897.jpeg

I think I can see some indication of an issue we have seen with clownfish, but which does not seem to have a treatment. Take a look, at this thread:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/clownfish-bruising-lesion.936964/
Jay
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new