Clownfish Fighting

TJAVOREK

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For some reason my clownfish pair that I have had for almost a year has started fighting. The female is relentlessly attacking the male, I know this can be normal behavior but the little guy is now pushed up in the upper corner of the tank and seems to be breathing heavy and has some tail fin damage. Should I try and catch the female and put her in the sump for a couple of days?

The aussie crown leather that they host is going through a shed so Im not sure if thats what has spurned this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Photo Sep 27, 6 16 33 PM.jpg
Photo Sep 27, 6 16 47 PM.jpg

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any potential stressor can cause the female to turn on and possibly reject the male. That happened to me, especially when my Aussie torch died, and the female killed the male.
Putting the female on time out may help.
If it resumes, separate is the only way to stop it for good.

Upvote 0

drunkn_reefr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For some reason my clownfish pair that I have had for almost a year has started fighting. The female is relentlessly attacking the male, I know this can be normal behavior but the little guy is now pushed up in the upper corner of the tank and seems to be breathing heavy and has some tail fin damage. Should I try and catch the female and put her in the sump for a couple of days?

The aussie crown leather that they host is going through a shed so Im not sure if thats what has spurned this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0

UkiahTheTurtle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Mine started doing this two then the female killed the male clown

Upvote 0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back