clownfish floating on top at night! HELP!

Bear Claw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 clowns and during the day they are acting normal and eating well. At night the float on their sides on the surface of the water slowly moving their fins. Is that normal???

atomos

52 32 52 20 52 6f 63 6b 73
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
agreed, they like to be strange to be cool. ours are fine during the day....sometimes they'll sleep at the top of the tank but most times, they'll like to wedge themselves near our hammer coral and literally "sit" on the bottom...all normal for us

jgirardnrg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went through the same panic with one of my Mocha clowns when I got them. Checked the tank in the morning and it floating head down with its tail sticking out of the water. I thought it was dead until I went to remove it and started swimming around looking for breakfast. Odd little fish.

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 clowns and during the day they are acting normal and eating well. At night the float on their sides on the surface of the water slowly moving their fins. Is that normal???
Mine do this. They’re sleeping. They sleep right above my output nozel on their sides until the light comes back on

OP
OP
B

Bear Claw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have they been doing this? Mine will occasionally swim upside down beside the overflow at night (I think they try to find a "dead spot" where they don't have to exert themselves as much.
Since I got them about a month and a half ago. They do it in the corner where there isn't much flow at all.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back