clownfish floating on top at night! HELP!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bear Claw
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bear Claw

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 16, 2021
Messages
501
Reaction score
188
Location
Raleigh, North Carolina
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 clowns and during the day they are acting normal and eating well. At night the float on their sides on the surface of the water slowly moving their fins. Is that normal???
 
agreed, they like to be strange to be cool. ours are fine during the day....sometimes they'll sleep at the top of the tank but most times, they'll like to wedge themselves near our hammer coral and literally "sit" on the bottom...all normal for us
 
Went through the same panic with one of my Mocha clowns when I got them. Checked the tank in the morning and it floating head down with its tail sticking out of the water. I thought it was dead until I went to remove it and started swimming around looking for breakfast. Odd little fish.
 
Mine have done this since I bought them two months ago. One will wedge itself between the temperature probe's cord and the glass and the other just lazy rivers in a corner by the heater. I'd say it's normal.
 
I have 2 clowns and during the day they are acting normal and eating well. At night the float on their sides on the surface of the water slowly moving their fins. Is that normal???
Mine do this. They’re sleeping. They sleep right above my output nozel on their sides until the light comes back on
 
How long have they been doing this? Mine will occasionally swim upside down beside the overflow at night (I think they try to find a "dead spot" where they don't have to exert themselves as much.
Since I got them about a month and a half ago. They do it in the corner where there isn't much flow at all.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new