Clownfish help please!!

M3d1C

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, I'm attaching a video, unfortunately it's only 30 seconds cause of space limitations on my phone. The ocellaris down in the corner has been acting "strange" to me. I'm really hoping I'm just being paranoid but it has been doing this periodically for a couple days now where it just sort of lists to one side in a bottom corner of the tank till the other clownfish comes up and either nips it or "wakes it up" or something. Then it has a spaz attack, swims all over hell and settles back down. The video doesn't show the spaz attack unfortunately. Was preparing a FW dip just to see if it helps. Really hoping I'm just being paranoid. All other fish and inverts are fine and acting normally and this clown is indeed eating when fed from what I can see.

Tank params=Salinity 35ppt, nitrate 5-12, ammonia 0, nitrite 0, phosphate 0.25, Alk 10.2, calc 450, mag 1450, temp 78.8

Attachments

• 20200605_101347.mp4
    62.7 MB

YoungReefer00

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had both clownfish for? Im guessing they are fighting for dominance and he is losing the fight which causes him to stress out but then again thats just a wild guess.

OP
OP
M3d1C

M3d1C

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do seem to be getting into fights more recently than ever before. Had them since March

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It takes like 20 seconds to load after I click on it.
It didn't play on iphone, but it played for me on Chrome.

Anyway, there is no visible damage on the body. It is kinda weird that he was slumping to the side. I don't know it could be stress like the others have said. Is he eating normal though?

OP
OP
M3d1C

M3d1C

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It didn't play on iphone, but it played for me on Chrome.

Anyway, there is no visible damage on the body. It is kinda weird that he was slumping to the side. I don't know it could be stress like the others have said. Is he eating normal though?
Seemed to be, both last night and this morning.

OP
OP
M3d1C

M3d1C

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update, so I did a FW dip in warm aerated RO water, which scared the hell out of me. Fish went in and immediately started belly floating. I kept him moving with my fingers for about a minute and a half and that's all the more I felt like it, and me, could probably stand. Put it back in the tank and it is active and moving around but mainly on the bottom between the front corners. When it stops swimming the other clown comes along and gets it moving again like in the video.

OP
OP
M3d1C

M3d1C

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's a goner. Tried a FW dip and even placed in a small QT to try and get to eat. Won't eat, swims like it's drunk, and appears skinnier and skinnier it seems when I compare to my other clown. Does anyone have anything for me to try?

LesPoissons

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have it in Qt I’d try adding garlic to the food and maybe a parasite treatment to the water or copper to see.

OP
OP
M3d1C

M3d1C

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I've talked to several people and one of the LFS that I go to. All of them have said they don't think brook or ich since there's no physical blemishes or symptoms. The only thing off to me is how skinny it is and that it was swimming like it was drunk. I'm kind of out of ideas... So, history with me for a moment and the snowflake clown I still have in my DT was original to the tank when I started. It came as a pair and I lost its mate almost the same exact way about 2 months ago. This fish was its replacement and now it is going the exact same way. Is the other clown killing them somehow?

LesPoissons

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly I would say that that poor little guy is probably a goner. I can’t see the video, sorry. However if you can catch the other clown and put it in quarantine and treat it with an internal parasite treatment etc That might be an option. Perhaps it is passing on some thing that it is not showing symptoms of. Also quarantining whatever new clown you get and treating them with copper and internal parasite treatment prophylactically might help you out with the next one. As long as the clowns you are introducing are smaller than the one you have of the same species I doubt that it is killing them. What else is in the tank?

OP
OP
M3d1C

M3d1C

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly I would say that that poor little guy is probably a goner. I can’t see the video, sorry. However if you can catch the other clown and put it in quarantine and treat it with an internal parasite treatment etc That might be an option. Perhaps it is passing on some thing that it is not showing symptoms of. Also quarantining whatever new clown you get and treating them with copper and internal parasite treatment prophylactically might help you out with the next one. As long as the clowns you are introducing are smaller than the one you have of the same species I doubt that it is killing them. What else is in the tank?
A neon cleaner goby, skunk cleaner and Caribbean blue legged trigger shrimp. Other clown is still my original.

15913871373242807733030761178605.jpg

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 57 56.4%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 30.7%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back