Clownfish help please

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 4, 2020
Messages
1,946
Reaction score
1,251
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking at getting a pair of clownfish for my 32 gallon. Is there a species I can get that won’t be belligerent toward other tank mates? I plan on adding some pajama cardinals, an orchid dottyback, and possibly some type of corris wrasse to the tank. Should I go with a solo clownfish? I had a single big female yellow clown before and she was a total turd.
 
Percula or ocellaris are peaceful IME.

Clowns are damselfish so many can be bullies. But those two above are not.

If you get two small ones you should be good to go.

Dottybacks have been bullies in my tanks.
 
Percula or ocellaris are peaceful IME.

Clowns are damselfish so many can be bullies. But those two above are not.

If you get two small ones you should be good to go.

Dottybacks have been bullies in my tanks.
I’m going after an aquacultured orchid. He’s so tiny I can’t imagine him doing any damage. And he’s been at petsmart for literally 6 months. I’m gonna rescue that dude even if he has to go into my 16 biocube with my four strip damsel. They can bully each other
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new