Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been reefing for like 8 years and I’ve never had clownfish. I just setup a smaller tank to move my last remaining damsel out of my 32 gallon. I plan to restock it with a pair of clowns, an orchid dottyback, a corris wrasse, and some pajama cardinals. Is there a species of clown I should get to prevent them from being totally belligerent? The only time I had a clown was one single yellow clown for two days my dad gave me. She was so mean I traded her in.

I’ve made this post a few times I’m just trying to cover my bases and ger slot of advice

Tastee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started both my tanks (65g & 130g) with a pair of Occ Clowns and have no issues with them being agressive at all. If possible for you I do recommend stocking your tank with your desired fish fairly quickly as they all come in as juveniles and learn to find their territories and get on with each other as they mature. I pretty much added one or two fish every 2 weeks until I stocked both tanks. I will be adding more to the big tanks soon but it is still in it’s early stages at 1 year old.

If you have to, or want to QT your fish for long periods that may be difficult however. I find that where I am in Sydney Australia we are lucky that our supply lines and LFS are really good quality and we don’t seem to have anywhere near the Ich and Velvet etc problems that appear prevalent elsewhere, particularly in the States. This gives me confidence to run short QT cycles.

Back