clownfish pairing question

christianscorals

Water Bender
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I hope there is someone out there that can help me with clownfish pairing info.

Basically, I had bought a ~2.5 inch snowstorm oscellaris for my ~1.25 inch black oscellaris clown a while back. i’d say 1 year ago is when the bigger one was introduced to the smaller one.

A month ago, I found the smaller one on my floor one morning and i believe it might’ve been a dominance issue that occurred overnight? only other fish present in the tank are a bangaii cardinal and anthias

After the smaller clownfish jumped to its death, the big one started hosting my space invader. I would really like to try and bond it with one more clown. A 1inch mocha storm.

Do you think it’d kill the mini mocha or will establishing dominance be “easier” since it is much smaller? Will the bigger clown be even more aggressive since it’s hosting the pectinia and had never hosted when the other clown was alive?

thank you for reading!

drewwCh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my case, it was the female that jumped out. Added a large clown and they immediately paired, male directly submitted to the larger one. I don't know whether it'll be the same when adding a male, but I'd say go for it BUT use an acclimation box first.

OP
OP
christianscorals

christianscorals

Water Bender
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my case, it was the female that jumped out. Added a large clown and they immediately paired, male directly submitted to the larger one. I don't know whether it'll be the same when adding a male, but I'd say go for it BUT use an acclimation box first.
awesome thanks. i’m thinking of maybe keeping the little guy in the acclimation box for a couple days, release him in the tank and catch the bigger clown and put it in the box for a couple days... wonder if that’d help a bit

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 34.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 24.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 20 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back