Clownfish parasite ID

KameronManning

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! So I just bought a black storm clownfish today from my LFS. I noticed some black spots on him that seem unusual and was wondering if there something I should get a head start on. I live in military dorms so I’m not allowed to have more than two tanks or else I’d have a quarantine setup . I have gsp snails crabs feather dusters and a dragonet in the tank with him as well . If someone could help me ID that would be great. I’ve seen people say melonization, black ich, and possible just coloring cheers !

OP
OP
KameronManning

KameronManning

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! So I just bought a black storm clownfish today from my LFS. I noticed some black spots on him that seem unusual and was wondering if there something I should get a head start on. I live in military dorms so I’m not allowed to have more than two tanks or else I’d have a quarantine setup . I have gsp snails crabs feather dusters and a dragonet in the tank with him as well . If someone could help me ID that would be great. I’ve seen people say melonization, black ich, and possible just coloring cheers !

9F6056EF-FF2A-43AC-93AF-E94A7B963AE6.jpeg 44F68FC2-1FA0-4CF2-8D2C-A999141A8646.jpeg

js_marra

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hard to see, but that could be a nip from another fish or a sting from it trying to rub against a coral. My clowns show spots like that from coral stings or when they fight

OP
OP
KameronManning

KameronManning

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like rogue pigmentation. Do you have a picture of it previously.
I don’t today is my first day with him. He hasn’t eaten yet but that’s to be expected on the first day. Breathing seems fine and he’s not scratching or rubbing on anything.

OP
OP
KameronManning

KameronManning

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hard to see, but that could be a nip from another fish or a sting from it trying to rub against a coral. My clowns show spots like that from coral stings or when they fight
I haven’t seen him run against the gsp and the other clown leaves him alone and looking back on pictures from when I first added him earlier today he had that coming in

OP
OP
KameronManning

KameronManning

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like rogue pigmentation. Do you have a picture of it previously.
I tried to do some digging and found this . The spots on this snow storm clown from ORA website is leaning me more towards your answer of just pigmentation . Just thought I should share this with you. Thanks for helping out . I’ll keep you updated!

3EF74DF2-4414-4ED3-8C2C-C34E28C6DDEA.png

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 67 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back