Do you think they have unpaired?

• Total voters

alahna.nine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About 3 months ago me and my boyfriend bought a nano-saltwater tank (upgrading soon) with two ocellaris clownfish. We also bought a cleaner shrimp all from PetCo (there are no marine stores near us), and the tank was running perfect. All levels were good, our male Svedka was doing the submissive dance with Fireball. This kept up for about 2 1/2 months, then we noticed that Svedka grew to about the same size as Fireball and Fireball started fin nipping. Me and my boyfriend watch them quite frequently and have only seen them do the mouth fight once while they were eating, but now they don't fight often but they also don't go near each other. We had a bubbler that we didn't know was bad, so we took it out and bought a wave maker that we have run a couple times a day, this seemed to somewhat help with the aggression (although they loved the bubbler) Sometimes they swim next to each other most of the time nothing happens but fireball can sometimes get aggressive and bite Svedka. We separated them for a couple hours, rescaped and introduced them again and they did the submissive dance once, then went back to how they were. They aren't constantly going after each other, but they don't seem to be paired anymore. Lastly, we sometimes see them sleep in the same area without fighting. Im just very confused if this is something we should separate, or if they are paired but don't swim together. I'm just concerned that they are the same size.

Please don't attack me for anything, I am learning but being very careful. We are still in college but did spend money on a wave maker, protein skimmer, and everything they need. We test water frequently. But our fish are healthy, we just don't know what we can do about them "unpairing" if you do have advice on something we can be doing better however I will for sure appreciate the help!

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Dbichler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly clownfish are weird like that mine that spawn don’t stay together most of the day. Yours are probably too young yet anyway. Give it time the fact that they already started without stressing each other to death is good. When they get bigger typically around a year to a year and a half one will grow significantly in a short period and they will be good.

Pudgeshambley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About 3 months ago me and my boyfriend bought a nano-saltwater tank (upgrading soon) with two ocellaris clownfish. We also bought a cleaner shrimp all from PetCo (there are no marine stores near us), and the tank was running perfect. All levels were good, our male Svedka was doing the submissive dance with Fireball. This kept up for about 2 1/2 months, then we noticed that Svedka grew to about the same size as Fireball and Fireball started fin nipping. Me and my boyfriend watch them quite frequently and have only seen them do the mouth fight once while they were eating, but now they don't fight often but they also don't go near each other. We had a bubbler that we didn't know was bad, so we took it out and bought a wave maker that we have run a couple times a day, this seemed to somewhat help with the aggression (although they loved the bubbler) Sometimes they swim next to each other most of the time nothing happens but fireball can sometimes get aggressive and bite Svedka. We separated them for a couple hours, rescaped and introduced them again and they did the submissive dance once, then went back to how they were. They aren't constantly going after each other, but they don't seem to be paired anymore. Lastly, we sometimes see them sleep in the same area without fighting. Im just very confused if this is something we should separate, or if they are paired but don't swim together. I'm just concerned that they are the same size.

Please don't attack me for anything, I am learning but being very careful. We are still in college but did spend money on a wave maker, protein skimmer, and everything they need. We test water frequently. But our fish are healthy, we just don't know what we can do about them "unpairing" if you do have advice on something we can be doing better however I will for sure appreciate the help!
Any updates on your fish? I know it's an old post but mine are doing something similar

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 72 38.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back