Clownfish with cyst and lethargy

atul176

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had two clowns and two hermits in a 10 gallon for close to two months now. The tank has been properly cycled and decent a decent amount of coralline is growing which I’m very happy about. My female clown recently started behaving lethargic and uninterested in food. She had a stomach parasite a while back and I treated her with prazipro and general cure which seemed to take care of the problem. She was eating well yesterday, but today she will only pick and food and not eat it. She also has a white cyst and white coloration on her dorsal fin, which does not look like ich. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
image.jpg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you try for a better photo? The fish on the right is blurred, but I presume that is the female? The one on the left looks a bit skinny, but that could be the angle of the photo. Sometimes a short video helps as well.
Is the female breathing faster than the male?
Jay

Upvote 0
OP
OP
A

atul176

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you try for a better photo? The fish on the right is blurred, but I presume that is the female? The one on the left looks a bit skinny, but that could be the angle of the photo. Sometimes a short video helps as well.
Jay
Sure! I just did a water change, but the female is breathing a little faster than the male. The male is an absolute glutton and is eating well.

Attachments

• 63985858984__DEDB75E9-3CBD-44D6-A697-DD62A07858A9.MOV
    1.9 MB
Upvote 0
OP
OP
A

atul176

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jay
The one on the left is actually the female.

Upvote 0

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure! I just did a water change, but the female is breathing a little faster than the male. The male is an absolute glutton and is eating well.
So - the female is the one in the corner at the end of the video? If so. it is thin, and is swimming in a more rigid fashion than the male, this is something clowns do when they are not thriving. I still can't see the dorsal fin lesion. I wonder if the internal parasites are still an issue? If so, what do you think about another General Cure treatment?

Jay

Upvote 0
OP
OP
A

atul176

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So - the female is the one in the corner at the end of the video? If so. it is thin, and is swimming in a more rigid fashion than the male, this is something clowns do when they are not thriving. I still can't see the dorsal fin lesion. I wonder if the internal parasites are still an issue? If so, what do you think about another General Cure treatment?

Jay
I just dosed another general cure treatment, so I’ll give it a day or two to see if she improves.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
A

atul176

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jay
This has been quite the learning experience for me. This is my second ever saltwater aquarium, and the last time I buy livestock from Petco.

Upvote 0

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back