Clownfish

  • Thread starter Thread starter Obeyaj
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Obeyaj

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 4, 2020
Messages
18
Reaction score
30
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi so I’m currently in market to buy a new fish for my 54 gal...I have already 2 smaller clown I there a week long ..my local reef store has a nice medium sized black and white snowflake clownfish..would it be okay to go ahead and add???
 
Hi so I’m currently in market to buy a new fish for my 54 gal...I have already 2 smaller clown I there a week long ..my local reef store has a nice medium sized black and white snowflake clownfish..would it be okay to go ahead and add???

I wouldn't add another clownfish of any kind to a tank that already has a pair.
 
I would not add another clown fish. Eventually one of your clowns will turn into a female and be larger and more dominant. There have been too many instances where the new addition is harassed to death. Some claim having multiple clownfish and clown fish pairs in larger 120 + gallon systems is possible.

Try going with another fish addition. Maybe a Blenny or royal gramma?
 
+1 on these responses. what other fish do you have?
Best to also get something like a yellow tang and six line wrasse to add some color and algae/pest management!
:)
 
+1 on these responses. what other fish do you have?
Best to also get something like a yellow tang and six line wrasse to add some color and algae/pest management!
:)
I only have 2 small sized da Vinci clowns ..
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new