co2 scrubber recirculating ?’s

  • Thread starter Thread starter geckoejon
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I installed moisture traps too. 2l pop bottles. Works better like this as I was getting too much liquid under the media
Mind showing a pic of yours? and location of it.
image.jpg


I installed another canister before my media . I wish I thought about this a long time ago .
 
image.jpg


I installed another canister before my media . I wish I thought about this a long time ago .
That was my plan today actually..adding a second smaller trap after my first one. Some moisture is still making its way to my media bottle, mind you it's been reduced like 95% vs without one
 
That was my plan today actually..adding a second smaller trap after my first one. Some moisture is still making its way to my media bottle, mind you it's been reduced like 95% vs without one

I could never get my media to not get wet, I used two moisture traps and it would still get into the media , gave up
 
My understanding is that the media needs some moisture to work more efficiently.
That being said, The media in my skimmer CO2 basket is filthy despite me leaving an air-gap and drainage for skimmate.
Even though its gross, It hasn't needed changing yet and I havent noticed a difference in performance from when it was clean media.
Note, I checked with Randy about submersing the media in the tank and he commented it shouldn't be a problem. One of my early prototypes was sealed and pulled fluids, overflowing into the sump and I didn't notice any adverse affects aside from a slight increase in alkalinity.
 
My understanding is that the media needs some moisture to work more efficiently.
That being said, The media in my skimmer CO2 basket is filthy despite me leaving an air-gap and drainage for skimmate.
Even though its gross, It hasn't needed changing yet and I havent noticed a difference in performance from when it was clean media.
Note, I checked with Randy about submersing the media in the tank and he commented it shouldn't be a problem. One of my early prototypes was sealed and pulled fluids, overflowing into the sump and I didn't notice any adverse affects aside from a slight increase in alkalinity.
i agree.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 36.8%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 15.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new