CO2 Scrubbing: An Unexpected Journey Chasing Numbers

Finhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW, I do not think these methods truly recharge the material, they just allow more complete use of it .

Could very well be but when you pay $60 for 3Lt of the suff you try and stretch it as far as your able. And yes in Canada that is about the best price I have been able to find it for, the 5gal pails you guys get in the US cheap are about $325 here if you can find stock.

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could very well be but when you pay $60 for 3Lt of the suff you try and stretch it as far as your able. And yes in Canada that is about the best price I have been able to find it for, the 5gal pails you guys get in the US cheap are about $325 here if you can find stock.

You cannot order from the states and have shipped to you and just deal with the VAT, etc. May be able to get it cheaper.

Finhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You cannot order from the states and have shipped to you and just deal with the VAT, etc. May be able to get it cheaper.

Last I checked the place I found to get it woulnd't ship to Canada. We don't have VAT (that's England) we call it GST. It's the high customs and high shipping rates that make it not worth while most of the times.

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last I checked the place I found to get it woulnd't ship to Canada. We don't have VAT (that's England) we call it GST. It's the high customs and high shipping rates that make it not worth while most of the times.

If you are close to the border find a reefer that would work with you on getting it across to you.

Paulwizal23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if I have my co2 scrubber installed on my wall where the air intake in next two window, and it’s hot and humid out could that be why my co2 scrubber has failed to stop being as effective as the first batch of soda lime? At first it worked great, media was from medvet.com soda lime. Then after refilling it, jist doesn’t seem to work at all!! Please help

Scorpius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if I have my co2 scrubber installed on my wall where the air intake in next two window, and it’s hot and humid out could that be why my co2 scrubber has failed to stop being as effective as the first batch of soda lime? At first it worked great, media was from medvet.com soda lime. Then after refilling it, jist doesn’t seem to work at all!! Please help
Soda lime works better with humid air.

Scorpius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea that’s what I use is Soda Lime. I attached it directly to my skimmer air tub and took the little plastic tube with the two nozzles off completely
I'm not following you. Please explain better. If you're talking about the air silencer on your skimmer I deleted mine and have the tubing from the co2 scrubber directly attach to my swimmer's venturi.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back