Coco Worm Supplemental Feeding

His Coral Highness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. So I have 3 coco worms in my 16 gallon reef tank that seem to be doing ok, with 2 of them even adding about 1-2" to their tubes since I got them back in November, but they haven't been coming out quite as much as they usually do over the past week or so. Should I be supplementing their diet more? Right now I only feed Rod's coral food, and I do see a healthy pod population in the tank, but I know they are filter feeders. I have gotten conflicting info on whether or not they need a phyto supplement, or whether the "juice" from the frozen food is enough for them. But I don't know, and that's why I'm asking. Thanks!

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phyto or plankton or other 'filter foods" is sufficient.

"Not coming out of the tubes" makes me think that something is picking on it. What else is in the tank?

OP
OP
His Coral Highness

His Coral Highness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phyto or plankton or other 'filter foods" is sufficient.

"Not coming out of the tubes" makes me think that something is picking on it. What else is in the tank?
I'll skip to the recent additions over the past few weeks - a few snails (2 margarita, 1 Mexican turbo) and 2 little hermit crabs. I usually try to stay away from crabs but they are tiny and the tubes are off the rock/substrate enough that I don't think the hermits could get to the actual work. I also have a pistol shrimp that can be a pain in the butt with moving things around, but hasn't been aggressive. As I am typing this 2/3 are out of their tubes, so it's not all the time, just more so over the past few days that they "hide."

ReeferHD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my coco and xmas tree worms love "the juice" from frozen food but i feed quite heavy in my 54 gallon, i also feed reef nutrition phyto and oyster feast every 3 days, all filter feeders are quite happy.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back