Coco Worm Supplemental Feeding

His Coral Highness

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 9, 2022
Messages
267
Reaction score
302
Location
Charleston, SC
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. So I have 3 coco worms in my 16 gallon reef tank that seem to be doing ok, with 2 of them even adding about 1-2" to their tubes since I got them back in November, but they haven't been coming out quite as much as they usually do over the past week or so. Should I be supplementing their diet more? Right now I only feed Rod's coral food, and I do see a healthy pod population in the tank, but I know they are filter feeders. I have gotten conflicting info on whether or not they need a phyto supplement, or whether the "juice" from the frozen food is enough for them. But I don't know, and that's why I'm asking. Thanks!
 
Phyto or plankton or other 'filter foods" is sufficient.

"Not coming out of the tubes" makes me think that something is picking on it. What else is in the tank?
 
Phyto or plankton or other 'filter foods" is sufficient.

"Not coming out of the tubes" makes me think that something is picking on it. What else is in the tank?
I'll skip to the recent additions over the past few weeks - a few snails (2 margarita, 1 Mexican turbo) and 2 little hermit crabs. I usually try to stay away from crabs but they are tiny and the tubes are off the rock/substrate enough that I don't think the hermits could get to the actual work. I also have a pistol shrimp that can be a pain in the butt with moving things around, but hasn't been aggressive. As I am typing this 2/3 are out of their tubes, so it's not all the time, just more so over the past few days that they "hide."
 
my coco and xmas tree worms love "the juice" from frozen food but i feed quite heavy in my 54 gallon, i also feed reef nutrition phyto and oyster feast every 3 days, all filter feeders are quite happy.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new