Coffee Guy's UNS R75 Build

Also here are some updates on the tank. Finally got my nitrates and phosphates where I like them with a little help from carbon dosing. I'm also currently dosing 7ml of AFR and will be starting the triton myte subscription in September to hopefully ignite growth to all the frag sticks I currently have.



Also added a new Quanta Helix light bar that I proceeded to paint white because had to have it match with everything else. 😅
PXL_20260828_145840969.MP.JPG

Also shoutout to @skey44 and @Battlecorals for the stick restock after I killed my first batch of sticks.
Corals are looking happy! Did you find the light bar pretty easy to retrofit onto the Dalua light rack?
 
Also here are some updates on the tank. Finally got my nitrates and phosphates where I like them with a little help from carbon dosing. I'm also currently dosing 7ml of AFR and will be starting the triton myte subscription in September to hopefully ignite growth to all the frag sticks I currently have.



Also added a new Quanta Helix light bar that I proceeded to paint white because had to have it match with everything else. 😅
PXL_20260828_145840969.MP.JPG

Also shoutout to @skey44 and @Battlecorals for the stick restock after I killed my first batch of sticks.
Corals are looking happy! Did you find the light bar pretty easy to retrofit onto the Dalua light rack?
Wasn't too hard. Had to modify a little, the bracket that came with the quanta to work with the dalua mount.
 
Anyone have any pointers for dealing with sea lettuce. I've tried the injecting hydrogen peroxide method but doesn't seem to completely kill it and pulling it during water changes is a huge pain because I can only pull small pieces off at a time. Any piece that's on a frag plug I am able to dip and that does help but it's mainly the pieces that are on my rocks.
PXL_20260828_145853103.MP.jpg


Also official entry for the Tunze Pump giveaway. - https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/💨...-tunze-equipment-valued-at-759-usd-💨.1167233/
 
Man your dosing and electronics are so sorted!
I would try an emerald crab for the ulva.
I'm a sucker for well organized electronics. I'll give an emerald crab a try, do you think a pithos would be a better option?
 
I'm a sucker for well organized electronics. I'll give an emerald crab a try, do you think a pithos would be a better option?
The pithos eat algae great especially for heavy infestations, but in my experience have been a bit clumsy to get high on rock work with shorter lifespans. Not wrong to pick one or the other here. They both should work for the ulva. The pithos are fascinating.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new