College reefer

jackthibodeau

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey,

I’m Jack and I’m from Boston, where I also am currently attending college. I have been playing around in the Aquarium hobby since I was around 13 with numerous freshwater tanks and a 38 gal bio cube reef system that lasted about 2 years until highschool took the best of my time management. I now have a 90 gallon planted tank at home, but studying all this biology and chemistry at school is making me antsy to get back into the reef department of things. I can’t say how quickly my wallet’s capabilities will be taking me to a new reef, but I’m taking a lot of time to do research on possibilities. As I probably will be limited to a nano in my dorm and I will be away from home quite a bit the next couple years, my options are limited, but I’m ready to make some steps back into the reefing community.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!!

Clownfish.gif

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Check out some of the CoralFish12g videos on YouTube. His older videos seem like they'd be pretty helpful on how to keep a reef while in college.
His videos are certainly entertaining but take some of it with a grain of salt haha

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
His videos are certainly entertaining but take some of it with a grain of salt haha
Not to derail this thread but that's why I specified older. Like his freshman & sophomore years when it was "how do I RODI in a dorm?" or "how to take your tank home for winter break."

Everything Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey,

I’m Jack and I’m from Boston, where I also am currently attending college. I have been playing around in the Aquarium hobby since I was around 13 with numerous freshwater tanks and a 38 gal bio cube reef system that lasted about 2 years until highschool took the best of my time management. I now have a 90 gallon planted tank at home, but studying all this biology and chemistry at school is making me antsy to get back into the reef department of things. I can’t say how quickly my wallet’s capabilities will be taking me to a new reef, but I’m taking a lot of time to do research on possibilities. As I probably will be limited to a nano in my dorm and I will be away from home quite a bit the next couple years, my options are limited, but I’m ready to make some steps back into the reefing community.
Welcome, nice to see some one from Boston

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back