Color Enhancing Fish Food?

AwildcatsZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed New Life Spectrum Thera A Small Fish formula twice a day and frozen mysis every other day. I think variety is the key. Pellets are nice because they won't spike your nitrates/phosphates as quickly as frozen will if over fed.

waterskiguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like feeding a mixture of nori, LRS reef frenzy, and TDO chroma boost pellets. tye biggest change out of any of these, as far as color, was the TDO. I got a sample from one of the old clownfish breeders here in Arizona and started feeding. The oranges, yellows and reds in my pintail and lineatus wrasses really started popping. It was almost that of turning up blue lights and cutting whites. I’m a believer of the TDO. Small pellets will feed just about any small reef fish and corals even love it.

GeoSquid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been keeping saltwater fish since 1991 and have only had one fish die and never had one get sick. I had a blue tang die a week after I bought it, but I think it most have had something wrong with it from the beginning. My fish food of choice is to buy a bag of mixed seafood from the grocery store and blend it with some RO water. A 1 lb bag is about $6 and last my 180 gallon about 4 months even with a couple triggers. I also buy nori from the grocery store ~$2 and lasts a couple months. So easy, cheap and the fish are super healthy and colorful. I now have a Blue tang I bough the size of a nickel and is now about 8".

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like feeding a mixture of nori, LRS reef frenzy, and TDO chroma boost pellets. tye biggest change out of any of these, as far as color, was the TDO. I got a sample from one of the old clownfish breeders here in Arizona and started feeding. The oranges, yellows and reds in my pintail and lineatus wrasses really started popping. It was almost that of turning up blue lights and cutting whites. I’m a believer of the TDO. Small pellets will feed just about any small reef fish and corals even love it.
Thanks so much for sharing your experience with TDO. We hope to see you at MACNA this year in Phoenix!

Best,
Chad

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
TDO is awesome!

U

User1

View Badges
The formula of their food was changed from 200PPM to 400PPM after the findings. TDO is a staple food for many clownfish breeders and folks in aquaculture. (As a disclaimer we are a wholesale distributor of this product, but it's worth a mention that all the customer feedback we have received has been good.)

Can I just make a note here to say this is a clear example of what sets you, and your business, apart from the rest. You reply, provide data, then add a disclaimer that you are a distributor, and more information on the feedback you received. There is no hidden agenda or pushing a product but rather data, your use case, to let everyone know. It is a very good trait to have. Thank you.

Edit: to be relevant to the initial post. I feed pellet via auto feeder once a day. I feed frozen otherwise. My tangs get a mix of dry nori and live macro algae (sourced from ipsf: Gracilaria parvispora). My rose bubble tips get a mix of everything but at least every other week a mix of coral heaven again sourced from ipsf.

Edit 2: I find my tangs and other fish maintain their color by the more natural food / macro algae. For those that eat it. I do not have any other info on color enhancement because I do not focus on it with food.

Last edited by a moderator:

steallife904

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased this from BRS a few months ago: Calanus - Freeze Dried
Its supposed to help with color and infections and etc. Tank loves when I mix it in but it has its downsides. It takes very long to re hydrate it to get it to sink or not float on top. And the biggest thing is it smells BAD lol. My wife almost banes me from using it. It smells up the entire area of the house when I do so I have not used it very much since I got it :(

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 25 41.7%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 24 40.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.3%
Back