Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I have a 32 gallon with 5 fish:

Springeri damsel (1x)
Ocellaris clownfish (2x)
firefish goby (2x)
Yellow Watchman Goby (1x)

All of these fish except the springeri are warm-coloured. I'm quite the artistic person, so I'm looking for a final addition that is cool coloured to compliment the warm coloured fish. I'd prefer it to be peaceful and comfortable in a 32 gallon. Any recommendations?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My royal gramma was great but I lost it to brooks. My Neon shredded up one of my banggai a few years ago. That was disturbing
I have 50 (and counting) fish in my tank, including a pair of dottybacks, the aforementioned royal gramma and a pair of banggai cardinals. They all get along great, but YMMV.

OP
OP
Andreas' Reef

Andreas' Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 50 (and counting) fish in my tank, including a pair of dottybacks, the aforementioned royal gramma and a pair of banggai cardinals. They all get along great, but YMMV.
What about a lubbocks or McCosker's Wrasse? Lubbucks are purple which is kind of what I'm looking for

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Springeri damsel (1x)
Ocellaris clownfish (2x)
firefish goby (2x)

All of these fish except the springeri are warm-coloured. I'm quite the artistic person, so I'm looking for a final addition that is cool coloured to compliment the warm coloured fish. I'd prefer it to be peaceful and comfortable in a 32 gallon. Any recommendations?
Do you have a way to reduce aggression from the clowns and damsels?
If you can find a way to reduce aggression then one of these beauties will work. This is one of my Pseudocheilinops ataenia (I have a trio of them in my 3’x16”x1’ tank).
B1399AB8-36D6-408E-8127-BBE5C18D6845.jpeg

here’s a better photo of them - these are all juvenile specimens.
8B7D7B48-3DFF-4545-8D56-9FEA07D6FBD3.jpeg

And since I’m sure you’ll want to know, this was my mature specimen.
0A5E9E69-E0BF-467F-9331-3899FB7B6375.jpeg

OP
OP
Andreas' Reef

Andreas' Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a way to reduce aggression from the clowns and damsels?
If you can find a way to reduce aggression then one of these beauties will work. This is one of my Pseudocheilinops ataenia (I have a trio of them in my 3’x16”x1’ tank).
B1399AB8-36D6-408E-8127-BBE5C18D6845.jpeg

here’s a better photo of them - these are all juvenile specimens.
8B7D7B48-3DFF-4545-8D56-9FEA07D6FBD3.jpeg

And since I’m sure you’ll want to know, this was my mature specimen.
0A5E9E69-E0BF-467F-9331-3899FB7B6375.jpeg
Both the damsel and the clowns are peaceful to the more timid firefish and goby in my tank. The firefish was added long before them though. Also, springeris are known to be about as peaceful as firefish to any fish that is not another springeri damsel.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about a lubbocks or McCosker's Wrasse? Lubbucks are purple which is kind of what I'm looking for
Neither of those wrasses will work. I have both Lubbocki variants as well as a Paracheilinus species in my 4’ tank. The lubbocki wrasses need 3’ length at a bare minimum. The Paracheilinus genus shouldn’t be in anything less than a 4’ long tank. This isn’t due to aggression but instead their high activity. Put it this way, if you can’t photo them easily without having to take 5-6 pictures, it’s probably too active for a tank less than 3 or 4’.

OP
OP
Andreas' Reef

Andreas' Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neither of those wrasses will work. I have both Lubbocki variants as well as a Paracheilinus species in my 4’ tank. The lubbocki wrasses need 3’ length at a bare minimum. The Paracheilinus genus shouldn’t be in anything less than a 4’ long tank. This isn’t due to aggression but instead their high activity. Put it this way, if you can’t photo them easily without having to take 5-6 pictures, it’s probably too active for a tank less than 3 or 4’.
What about a chalk bass maybe?

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Springeri damsel (1x)
Ocellaris clownfish (2x)
firefish goby (2x)

32 gal, you likely near max if not the max out with respect to bio load.
I never look at color coordinate of fishes in aquarium, more looking at health and how they fit or not fit in the community of fish.

Consider these peaceful blue or green fish:
Yellow head Jaw fish Silver white light yellow is not really a cool color, rather warm
Blackline Fang Goby
Blue spot jaw fish
Neon Blue Goby

I think all of these will do well in your tank, maybe not all but one or two of these fishes.

Last edited:
Back