cone Vs. regular style skimmer

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what's the main difference. which do you prefer and why? what company are the best out there atm? I'm looking to get a replacement for my old skimmer and am having trouble deciding. budget is around $400, can stretch it more if need be. Thanks.

Reef@holic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cone all the way! I think maybe a little bit better performance but I don't think the cone style makes a huge difference overall, just looks much better I think. I have been using an atb 840 for a while not and this thing rips and is super quiet. A little bit over your budget mark but well worth the little extra $$. The swc series are also really nice for the money. On my bigger tank I had the swc 230 with askol pump and it did a fantastic job. A lot of competition out there right now, might want to also look at the jns series!

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cone all the way! I think maybe a little bit better performance but I don't think the cone style makes a huge difference overall, just looks much better I think. I have been using an atb 840 for a while not and this thing rips and is super quiet. A little bit over your budget mark but well worth the little extra $$. The swc series are also really nice for the money. On my bigger tank I had the swc 230 with askol pump and it did a fantastic job. A lot of competition out there right now, might want to also look at the jns series!
thank you for your input.

atm, I have my heart set on the SRO3000INT for my 110g with a total water volume of just over 100g. I have a bit of a heavy bioload with my clowns and BTA's. ;)

ironworker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bubble magus skimmers are identacle to swc even use the same pumps, and cost less. i have one and the quality and performance are top notch.

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bubble magus skimmers are identacle to swc even use the same pumps, and cost less. i have one and the quality and performance are top notch.
SWC was actually another manufacturer I was looking at. I'm gonna try my luck on the SRO3000INT for now, I guess. ;)

Reefer2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on sro skimmer. Have a sro2000int on a 125 gal reef/fish system, great skimmate,superior pump style on these

weaponsofmassdesign

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using an AquaC EV-240 on my 165. I like it so far. First skimmer I've had, but I'm happy with it's perfermance so far.

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 53 29.8%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 64 36.0%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 31 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 52 29.2%
Back