Considering adding a BTA to my reef tank

aaron7

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 11, 2023
Messages
16
Reaction score
27
Location
sierra vista
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I currently have a 32 gallon biocube with 2 ocellaris clownfish, a lawnmower blenny, a six line wrasse, hermit crabs, and Mexican turbo snails.

I have mostly LPS and soft corals in the tank.

I want to add a BTA to give my clownfish a better environment. I am aware the BTA will likely move around the tank quite a bit until it finds a place it likes. I am willing to move the coral around my tank to accommodate the space it chooses to stay in.

Most of my LPS and soft coral are in the bottom half of the tank as I have upgraded my tank by removing the lid, adding a mesh screen, and a G6 XR 15 pro which I run on the AB+ settings at 80% schedule.

My plan is to place the BTA on the top of my aqua scape where the lighting is brightest as I read they require more PAR and will look for the light. There should be plenty of space up there for him and I believe the light would be enough for a BTA.

One of my primary concerns is the lawnmower blenny. He perches all over the place and may get curious about the BTA. Does anyone think that the BTA may harm the lawnmower?

I want to do my best to be fair to all of my livestock and wouldn’t want to make an addition that could result in harm or death of anything I currently have in there.

Willing to hear out any other input or advice that anyone thinks would be beneficial.

Thanks.
 
BTA will not eat any fish. The fish won’t bother the BTA either. You will be fine if the water condition of the tank is fine.
 
Upvote 0
BTA will not eat any fish. The fish won’t bother the BTA either. You will be fine if the water condition of the tank is fine.
Ok, thank you. Research I have been doing so far has said the BTA is relatively safe for an anemone and has good odds of compatibility with ocellaris. I just had to double check with someone experienced before putting it in the tank.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new