0   0   0
Welcome to the salty side.
black ish appearance GIF

Brucealmighty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R a tip for saltwater tanks over freshwater tanks is don't let saltwater run down your aquarium panes it ruins the tank by settling salt crystals between the window and the plastic facia that goes around the outside of the bottom of the tank amongst other issues down the road too, one dry hand one wet hand is a rule I follow almost religiously, happy reefing.

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the community! I'm new as well (coming up on 1 yr). Saltwater is definitely akin to jumping into the deep end of the pool but it's an exciting world! :) I don't think folks can truly appreciate how important water chemistry is until they get into saltwater. Not so much for fish but for corals. It is an eye opener and gives you a new appreciation for what Mother Nature has accomplished!

HBtank

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R a tip for saltwater tanks over freshwater tanks is don't let saltwater run down your aquarium panes it ruins the tank by settling salt crystals between the window and the plastic facia that goes around the outside of the bottom of the tank amongst other issues down the road too, one dry hand one wet hand is a rule I follow almost religiously, happy reefing.
My tank has 15 years of messy dripping :anguished-face::squinting-face-with-tongue: Never heard of this one!

Brucealmighty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank has 15 years of messy dripping :anguished-face::squinting-face-with-tongue: Never heard of this one!
Yeah I have been told I watch too many of the BRS videos they mentioned but don't ask which video and I once had a fluval aquarium with a nice salty crust all the way around the tank to agree with their point.

HBtank

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I have been told I watch too many of the BRS videos they mentioned but don't ask which video and I once had a fluval aquarium with a nice salty crust all the way around the tank to agree with their point.
I guess this is the rationale I will use to buy a rimless tank :squinting-face-with-tongue:

Kristopher Conlin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!

What fish do you have in your 75? I agree that you should start with what you have. Especially if you have all of the equipment necessary to run it. You will learn a whole lot along the way and when you do decide to upgrade you will be even more successful with your next tank.

You will also able to change things you didn't like the first time!

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess this is the rationale I will use to buy a rimless tank :squinting-face-with-tongue:
Welcome to a great place for information and community! On the issue of a tank, one option you might want to consider is an all in one (AIO) tank. I have a 30 gallon from Innovative Marine and am about to do a build on a 60 gallon from them to upgrade my tank. They have a back area that holds pumps and filter materials (media rack and sock on opposite sides that you can configure the way you want ). There’s several companies that have them including Waterbox and Red Sea.

OP
OP
G

Ghotifish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone! Appreciate the welcome and encouragement!! I'm on a slow timeline right now as we're going on vacation to the Canadian Rockies. One thing that is giving me pause is whether its difficult to go away for a week or two? Freshwater I feel OK doing a big feeding and then going a week, fish take that fine...

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back