Controllable DC pump around 4000-6000lph

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. Any recommendations for a pump that is DC and controllable by Profilux?

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any pump with a 1-10v connection on it. Do you know what type of flow your looking for?

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look into the Royal Exclusive line. Not the cheapest, but not many better. GHL will control them. I have a RD Speedy 100w Flow. But the 50w might be what you’re looking for.

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two VarioS 2.5 pumps, have no complaints, and like them. (One for skimmer and one for Return Pump; 40gal tank).
But, these are the first DC pumps I've ever owned (and are only 3 mo old) so I have nothing to compare them to.
You do need to buy a GHL S/L Breakout box and a IceCap Y-Module cable and cut off the common plug, splice the wires and attach to the Breakout Box. But I think you have to do this with most of the DC pumps. Maybe someone else knows of a pump where this kind of modification is not necessary?

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two VarioS 2.5 pumps, have no complaints, and like them. (One for skimmer and one for Return Pump; 40gal tank).
But, these are the first DC pumps I've ever owned (and are only 3 mo old) so I have nothing to compare them to.
You do need to buy a GHL S/L Breakout box and a IceCap Y-Module cable and cut off the common plug, splice the wires and attach to the Breakout Box. But I think you have to do this with most of the DC pumps. Maybe someone else knows of a pump where this kind of modification is not necessary?
Dr. Jim,
The Royal Exclusive line with their GHL interface is plug and play. But, that's one reason these pumps are more expensive.

OP
OP
M

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any pump with a 1-10v connection on it. Do you know what type of flow your looking for?
Trying to get a list of DC pumps that have a 1-10v input is the trick. I wish GHL maintained a "compatible" list.

I am leaning to a Various 6 (as per title thinking something around 4,000-6,000L) as they seem to be a good compromise between price, performance and reliability (based on what online reviews I can find).

Guessing this is somewhat plug and play. I don't think there is an off the shelf cable though and I'l like to avoid using the breakout box. Might have to look at the cable spec's of the Apex cable, cut the RJ6 end and re-crimp.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 134 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back