controller board which one if any?

shadow1013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What tank is that? Love how it was able to fit inside the stand!
D68BF9B0-30E0-4211-A3D8-86EA85CA86C1.jpeg

i used command strips to attach the controller modules and screwed in egg crates on the bottom to stabilize the board

clifg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a few on our site. However we are going to try to get a catalog going to help with inspiration and ideas.

The goal is to make as many systems as possible clean and safe.
Sounds like a good idea. Didn't realize you had something to do with the company, I got the board and it's really great! Here's a picture of what I went with, although my tank is new so I haven't totally closed everything up yet in case I need to make changes. Great stuff you're doing over there! I'd like to move everything in the middle row up a bit so the trident has more room, will the holes I've already drilled cause any issues? I wish some of the Neptune cords that came with the units weren't so freaking long. I may have to buy the shorter versions because behind the bored is already cramped. Any suggestions on keeping cables in place behind the board? Let me know if you have any other suggestions:

IMG_20210323_133025.jpg

Thanks again!

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which one? The XL or the base? Also what is the dimensions of the XL?
The XL is 25.25" x 25.25" and will work with all the accessories out. It will also have the new hinges on it and a lot more wire management in the back.

The stand is.
17.5" x 15" and will accommodate the Deluxe and Standard board. It will also have a track to zip tie wires and a spot that can be replaced with our new yet to be released RGB logos.

Both will be white and black.

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
E708C66C-D213-490E-AF58-5F2D3A2143AA.jpeg

I mounted mine on the end of the stand that is not seen in the room.
Nice and clean! Easy to work with and safe. Also looks like you can add a bit more equipment :p.
Sounds like a good idea. Didn't realize you had something to do with the company, I got the board and it's really great! Here's a picture of what I went with, although my tank is new so I haven't totally closed everything up yet in case I need to make changes. Great stuff you're doing over there! I'd like to move everything in the middle row up a bit so the trident has more room, will the holes I've already drilled cause any issues? I wish some of the Neptune cords that came with the units weren't so freaking long. I may have to buy the shorter versions because behind the bored is already cramped. Any suggestions on keeping cables in place behind the board? Let me know if you have any other suggestions:

IMG_20210323_133025.jpg

Thanks again!
Yea, the number of cords seems to be never-ending.

Holes do not affect the board at all as the material is like wood so drill and cut away.

Just as an FYI the standard, Deluxe, and Deluxe XL are all the same height on purpose so you can place them side by side if you need more room.

Also, our hinge kit will be out soon (Starting the box them this week) and that will help a lot. This was a needed addition but it was hard to get right.

looks awsome though

drtechno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of this is just awesome! Can I use a few pics on AdaptiveReef.com? Love how you used it in landscape.

Love it!
Of course. No problem at all

Hopefully will look even nicer when I clean up the visible wiring even more.

PS- hinge kit would be a HUGE plus. Dreading redoing any cords without one

shadow1013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome. Bulk Reef has the Basic Control Board at 15" long but showing the Deluxe at 16.25" long. Is that correct?

And is the Stand 15" long as well and the 17.5" is the depth into the cabinet it could go?
I think a stand that could hold two would be awesome to have one for power supplies and EB832 Energy Bars while the front could be for the controllers, or dosing pumps that you wouldn't need quick access to.
The XL is 25.25" x 25.25" and will work with all the accessories out. It will also have the new hinges on it and a lot more wire management in the back.

The stand is.
17.5" x 15" and will accommodate the Deluxe and Standard board. It will also have a track to zip tie wires and a spot that can be replaced with our new yet to be released RGB logos.

Both will be white and black.

Last edited:

Calm Blue Ocean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any good suggestions on how to securely mount this inside the stand while still making it easy enough to remove if you need to access something on the back side? I have the stock Innovative Marine stand and the side panels are way too thin to screw anything into.

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wiring and controller boxes can be a daunting experience. Try to draw a layout of what you would like, (mounting, cabling, etc...) before you settle on one. It's not hard but it is like a puzzle.

I used a $100 Ikea box ( so I could keep it away from liquids - IE under or on the side of the tank)

This is the early version, I've since updated to newer apex but the box is the same & this controls 2 tanks.

IMG_6358.JPG

Back