Controlling Kenya Tree

Roosterjack

Struttin’ and Cluckin’
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the best way to cleanly (to the extent possible) remove Kenya Tree and prevent re-growth? Secondarily, what is the proper way to frag this, mainly attachment to a frag disk?

Thanks!

AlexG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Removing from rocks you can cut it or pull it off. 100% of it must be removed from the rock to prevent regrowth. Superglue or epoxy can cover any little pieces left you cannot get off. The other option to prevent regrowth is to put a powerful coral in its place like a favia that would sting anything trying to grow there. Many branching or stalked soft corals will not adhere to plugs with superglue or epoxy very easily. I normally go the route of the rubber band trick where a loose rubber band hold the coral frag gently against a rock or plug or I get a small Tupperware bowl fill it with small rocks and place the frags on top and give them a week or two so they can attach then glue the small rock with a coral attached to a plug.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately my tank is a 320 gal and the amount of Kenya Tree coral in it is extensive. Manual removal is not possible unless I do wholesale reset up.
Is there a Kenya Tree Predator around that anybody know about?
78C76BB7-685C-43E2-8EC4-F239AC46679E.jpeg

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 47 21.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 161 72.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 5.0%
Back