converting 300 to triton

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

bwrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so im switching over to triton. I sent my test off last monday, awaiting results. I have a few questions

I have 4 1.1ml/min brs dosers are these okay for triton?

i bought these containers for dosing http://www.ebay.com/itm/111598603948

what all should i buy to start as soon as results arrive
i was thinking elements, and maybe the marine salt(should i get pro?)
is there phophate reduce and carbon necessary or can i stick with brs brand?

here is my current build thread
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/300dd-sps-reef.185723/

any direction would be nice

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The dosers you have are fine.

Start with dosing the 4 part. You won't know what else you might need to dose until your results come in.

The Triton Phosphate reducer is Aluminum based, it's an alternative to GFO if your tank is accumulating iron. You alternate between the Aluminum based and Iron based so neither your Iron or Aluminum levels get out of balance.

The carbon is just a very pure clean carbon.

Dave B

OP
OP
B

bwrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The dosers you have are fine.

Start with dosing the 4 part. You won't know what else you might need to dose until your results come in.

The Triton Phosphate reducer is Aluminum based, it's an alternative to GFO if your tank is accumulating iron. You alternate between the Aluminum based and Iron based so neither your Iron or Aluminum levels get out of balance.

The carbon is just a very pure clean carbon.

Dave B

thanks for reply so ill go ahead and order elements and aluminum. thank you

are you running the system and do you have a you have a build thread

OP
OP
B

bwrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Photo Jun 25, 11 03 20 AM.png

Photo Jun 25, 11 03 26 AM.png

here are resukts i have changed about 80 gallons since test lithium is high from kent m trying to kill byropsis didnt work

OP
OP
B

bwrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so to the thread were lithium is byropsis killer i can send you a pic of my tank to prove its not. haha wish i new what it was

OP
OP
B

bwrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok elements on way ordered hps fixture to turn frag tank into big fuge. Should I just leave my dosers on same schedule to start with them adjust going from brs 2 part. Right now there dosing every two hrs for 10 min

OP
OP
B

bwrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay got hps set up my refuge is 24x28x16" deep. i have chaeto, halimeda, calpurla, and some red stuff. I have another 12x28 section i might turn into refuge and scrap frag section all together. put chemicals inline yesterday and turned off awc a week ago. it will take a while for the chemicals to finaly start dosing. i just left my brs 2 part in lines and just changed the resivors to triton elements so eventually theyll start going into aquarium. i have them all dosing every 2 hrs for 10 min. 1 is every even hr, 2 is every odd hour, 3 is every even and a half hr. so their never dosing at same time. im, still battling byropsis i have poured 8000ml of mtech in there with no relief. i think ill just continue pulling and see if that dose finally does the trick. if next week its not turning white ill dose more mtech. i might start spot treating with peroxide as well. i eventually would like to pull my filter socks but i think for now will leave in place to catch byropsis and also fish that decide to go down overflow, which happens weekly.

OP
OP
B

bwrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a update on refugium that hps light has really made my chaeto grow. it has not even been a week yet and it was about 1/4 the size of fuge. to now nearly filling the entire thing. hopefully it will eventually out compete the byropsis, if that possible. so anyone looking for a light i recommend this one. its 62 bucks and does great

OP
OP
B

bwrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is it normal for alk to drop when switching to triton elements. i kept my same dosing schedule and my alk keeps dropping. i increase it daily by a little to try and keep up. today was 7.6 should i manually add a little of all 3 on top of dosing or just increase the amount dosed each time until it is at 8.2

gpwdr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A target of 8 DKH is good, use equal dosing of the elementz.
I struggle with my alkalinity dropping so I add BRS soda ash to get it to 8 DKH. Then I increase the elementz equally.
The coral and coralline algae growth are sucking up the alkalinity more so than the calcium and the magnesium.
Also the potassium is getting used up quickly.

OP
OP
B

bwrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A target of 8 DKH is good, use equal dosing of the elementz.
I struggle with my alkalinity dropping so I add BRS soda ash to get it to 8 DKH. Then I increase the elementz equally.
The coral and coralline algae growth are sucking up the alkalinity more so than the calcium and the magnesium.
Also the potassium is getting used up quickly.

thanks. i ran all 3 this morning for 15 minutes, because my alk was down to 7.2 and added a extra 10 min on dosers over all daily. when i get home after work if it still low i have 1 gallon of brs alk mixed up Ill dose to bring to normal. then maybe that extra 10 minutes will keep it level. thanks for advise.

jt17

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a update on refugium that hps light has really made my chaeto grow. it has not even been a week yet and it was about 1/4 the size of fuge. to now nearly filling the entire thing. hopefully it will eventually out compete the byropsis, if that possible. so anyone looking for a light i recommend this one. its 62 bucks and does great
What HPS fixture are you using?

OP
OP
B

bwrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how long should i wait to run second triton test i figure i started dosing july 10th. i was thinking august 10th but should i wait longer?

OP
OP
B

bwrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following. Any picture updates?

im to embarassed to show pics its still over run by byropsis. but hopefully with alot of maitaince ill get it turned around soon.

on a side note my alk has been falling daily and i have been adding via brs and upping all the elements dosing rate. so today i look in my element 1 bin and its all caked up so this is why it has been falling so i put a powerhead in bin to keep it stirred. my byropsis is turning redish does anyone know what this means. i ordered a better mag test kit to see exact number so if i can add more kent i will to kill it.

zemuss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No way! that is half the fun man.. Trust me no funning here..

OP
OP
B

bwrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i took out some big rocks yesterday and soaked in peroxide. theres alot i cant take out so ill test mag this week and add as necessary. my oldest coral looks likle its gona die from this alk rollercoaster. believe it or not the more highend corals are taking it the best. my goal is stable this week

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back