Copepod explosion in DT

Difrano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think those are copepods on my DT glass, one hour ago I was looking at the glass that needed a scraping, so I came back one hour later to do some maintenance and noticed all those tiny white dots, I picked my son cellphone microscope and there they are, they look as copepods. Now a few questions, Why they came out all the same, before I only saw amphipods swimming around. And if scrape the glass to clear the algae will I kill the pods?

Attached are a couple of videos.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t see the vid on my iPad.

i wanted to see if you had a pic to post. I had a crazy explosion one time covered my glass. Love to see yours

OP
OP
Difrano

Difrano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t see the vid on my iPad.

i wanted to see if you had a pic to post. I had a crazy explosion one time covered my glass. Love to see yours

Here are some captures from the video, they look awesome.

VideoCapture_20200703-195045.jpg
VideoCapture_20200703-195023.jpg

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is awesome. They look like pods to me. They will disappear off the glass on their own. I would leave them be to float off (or get eaten) and established in new areas. Tank must be doing good.

When they say explosion, it’s true. I was sitting in the living room once and all of a sudden I saw a cloud in my 180 about the size of a small party ballon. It dissipated too quick for me to get a pic but it was cool. Another time I came down in the morning to frosted glass from pods. Not so much anymore. Enjoy it. I know I’m total jelly :D

OP
OP
Difrano

Difrano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is awesome. They look like pods to me. They will disappear off the glass on their own. I would leave them be to float off (or get eaten) and established in new areas. Tank must be doing good.

When they say explosion, it’s true. I was sitting in the living room once and all of a sudden I saw a cloud in my 180 about the size of a small party ballon. It dissipated too quick for me to get a pic but it was cool. Another time I came down in the morning to frosted glass from pods. Not so much anymore. Enjoy it. I know I’m total jelly :D

Thanks! Yes they are definitely pods, I think they moved from the sump to the DT because my Fern caulerpa melted due to lack of nutrients, So they had to find new places with algae and my DT is like an open buffet :D

Super Fly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Yes they are definitely pods, I think they moved from the sump to the DT because my Fern caulerpa melted due to lack of nutrients, So they had to find new places with algae and my DT is like an open buffet :D
funny how the exact same thing's going on in my DT. Last night when lights were out I noticed tons of pods near the front glass, at first I thought they were some debris floating around but after 10 mins of staring realized they were swimming copepods...

Back