copopads

  • Thread starter Thread starter kas
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kas

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 9, 2014
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Location
winnipeg,canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
has anyone tried raising these at home? I live In Canada so I really can't get a kit that has that sort of stuff. reef nutrition does sell a kit but no Instructions on how to do it. help anyone?
 
I'm not a pro at this but I purchased pods online and they were stuck inside the floss that they came in. I placed them with the filter floss in a 2.5 gallon tank with a piece of live rock, cheap corner filter, and a small cheap heater. I use water from water changes and feed them mysis lol. So far it has been working for me. They are reproducing and I able to scoop them out and place them in my DT.
 
I don't do anything special. I bought cheato algae placed it in my sump with LR and let it alone. Now I have both copepods and isopods (the good kind) And some amphipods. They will grow in time. Supplementing just helps the population. Make sure there is more food than pods or it will never work. Search on YouTube. I saw a couple of promising vids on there.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new