copper meditcation

FAHADREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello reefers
i hace this 70 gallon tank for my Qt/ hospital tank and it has copper cz i dosed it a couple days ago and that fish didnt make it through the copper medication but iam planning on getting new fish can i add new fish with a tank that already has copper or not

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me preface this by stating that this is not my specialty, but I'll give my thoughts and tag those who are expert in copper treatment.

1. There are some fish that can not be treated with copper.

2. It's best and less stress on the fish if you slowly raise the copper level to it's therapeutic levels.

Now, those who would actually know.... @Jay Hemdal , @4FordFamily , #reefsquad

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello reefers
i hace this 70 gallon tank for my Qt/ hospital tank and it has copper cz i dosed it a couple days ago and that fish didnt make it through the copper medication but iam planning on getting new fish can i add new fish with a tank that already has copper or not

I was involved in the other case. My general policy is to NEVER add new fish to a tank where fish had died from uncontrolled disease. Since you are not 100% certain why the previous fish died, and since you were not able to stop the progression of the disease, adding new fish right away will expose them to the same problem.

At a minimum, hold the tank at a full dose of copper for 14 days and then add one new fish as a test. What I generally do is strip the infected quarantine tank down and set it up again.

Jay

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 41.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back