Copperband Butterflies :)

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Paul b article on them above

And thread he started on cultivating white worms.i keep saying to myself i will start one and i swear i will one day as think kind of cool and will benifit my fish.there lots threads on white worms by others also amd youtube videos if you learn more by seeing rather than reading

Jubei2006

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So many butterfly fish I would love to have......but with most of them eating corals and invertebrates, dont know if I could ever do it. But my oh my, the Bluecheek, Racoon, Pakistani, and Pearlscale. I think they are more beautiful than many if not most of the angelfish.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my copperband feeding on small freshwater cyclops. when i get it - rather small - he/she was already eating mysis and frozen artemia. I let it be for two weeks in my refugium (with some pods) and when I introduce him/her to my DT - it already was a great eater. When this video was taken - it have been in the DT for 4 months

Sincerely Lasse

Some very nice unusual fish you got in that tank lasse,some right characters for sure and nice packed with corals,looking great

Mywifeisgunnakillme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have fast metabolism compared to other fish .
Owned a few over the years and agree here... They need a couple feedings a day minimum and even then never really plump up like tangs and the like even though when the aggressively feed and eat.... I think they just burn it off quicker.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Owned a few over the years and agree here... They need a couple feedings a day minimum and even then never really plump up like tangs and the like even though when the aggressively feed and eat.... I think they just burn it off quicker.
Yeah im lucky i can be home every day except when go on holiday so i feed at least 3 times per day,sometimes 4 and get 2 feedings per day for tank sitter to feed ( aka mother in law ) ^_^

Mywifeisgunnakillme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Note - I have 4 clams and I do not want to learn my to eat clams :D 1:00 in the video in post #18 - you can see the size of two of my clams

Sincerely Lasse

I like clams too! If they will not take mysis at first, I'll try live black worms second (https://shop.easternaquatics.com/product.sc?productId=1), then change over to freezing them and introduce mysis again too.

If i need, i have never had them refuse an open (live but freshly killed by opening) manila clam from the grocery store. I change it out daily and rubber band open to a rock. I have not had issues them going after a tridacnid clam near the manila clam but it is possibility i suppose. I have never had to feed manila clams more than a week or so, by then i get them on frozen or live black worms or mysis. Never had one take pellets yet, but i always feed pellets to the tank before adding frozen or other food--trying to temp hungrey fish to switch over! :)

OP
OP
JumpingFlea

JumpingFlea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Paul b article on them above

And thread he started on cultivating white worms.i keep saying to myself i will start one and i swear i will one day as think kind of cool and will benifit my fish.there lots threads on white worms by others also amd youtube videos if you learn more by seeing rather than reading
I’ll be looking into these!

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love mine. She copies the tank mates and zooms in on the food I offer. She did not take prepared food for 8 days.

Since the cbb in your lfs is eating mysis. Go for it. If you have lots of live rock, that's an added bonus for him to find hidden worms to eat.
Mine started around that day too, weird cause it was eating so much brine and mysis at the store but didn’t eat when I brought it home

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I feed my cbb chopped shrimp, mussles, nori, few drops of selcon. i forgot what else is in the mix.
Freeze it in a bag, break a piece off and scatter it in the tank. They all go mad.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mine started around that day too, weird cause it was eating so much brine and mysis at the store but didn’t eat when I brought it home
Yuh, we got ours around the same time frame. They are just shy is my guess. Once comfortable, they become little sharks.

CrossXchaos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine I've had for 1 month it developed a ulcer which opened up into a sore which is now fully healed now he is in a hospital tank with a skin bacterial infection that developed from a injury my powder blue gave him prior to rehoming the tang. If you decide to buy him make sure you have no fish that will bother him you also need to take extra care in making sure he receives a good portion of food because other tankmates can easily out compete him. They are very awkward swimmers and can bang into rocks when spooked or bullied which most times results in infection with these fish.
I've had success in feeding my other fish flakes or pellets before giving him the frozen mysis I also gave a raw clam on a half a shell every 3 days to fatten him up in between his morning and nightly feedings of mysis. Over time he went from 8-15 Hikari mysis bites to now 60-90 bites.

OP
OP
JumpingFlea

JumpingFlea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am finally going to be bringing home my BB copperband tonight! He has eaten some brine shrimp over the week and has eaten half a shell of muscle, so hopefully he keeps it up and does well in the DT. Any suggestions on feeding the copperband in the tank. I didn’t really think of that.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am finally going to be bringing home my BB copperband tonight! He has eaten some brine shrimp over the week and has eaten half a shell of muscle, so hopefully he keeps it up and does well in the DT. Any suggestions on feeding the copperband in the tank. I didn’t really think of that.
Same diet as the fish store. Hopefully it has a lot of worms to graze on the live rock. Mine lived off the live rock for 8 days. She still grazes.

Others cultivate black/white worms. White worms I read live longer in saltwater vs black ones dying in seconds.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Also, pics once it settles in :)

OP
OP
JumpingFlea

JumpingFlea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
8ABAB0AD-6CB1-4DF3-A24A-CF432E103E54.jpeg
5446AE67-6E45-4277-ABAC-395691FA30C4.jpeg

The best I could take right now. He’s a bit skittish, but I did noticed he goes everywhere the foxface goes.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 17 10.6%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 43 26.7%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 78 48.4%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 20 12.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back