Coppersafe potency inconcistencies VS cupramine

Muffin87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Customs in Italy are a mess, so I can only buy Cupramine from other EU countries, or Coppersafe from Amazon US (That ships with DHL, which has its own customs). Which one should I get?
  • Coppersafe is less harsh, but I've heard there are often inconsistencies in terms of the copper potency of the solution.
  • On the other hand, for cupramine the therapeutic dosage is narrower.
Anything else I should know in terms of differences between the two?

This is will be my first quarantine, quarantining my ocellaris pair before adding them to my new tank.
I'd like to familiarise myself with the quarantine process without undue hiccups.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Customs in Italy are a mess, so I can only buy Cupramine from other EU countries, or Coppersafe from Amazon US (That ships with DHL, which has its own customs). Which one should I get?
  • Coppersafe is less harsh, but I've heard there are often inconsistencies in terms of the copper potency of the solution.

This is will be my first quarantine, quarantining my ocellaris pair before adding them to my new tank.
I'd like to familiarise myself with the quarantine process without undue hiccups.

You can dose a liter of fresh saltwater with a few mls of copper safe then test with Hanna to determine potency, I would not use cupramine personally

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Copper SAFE DOSED AT THERAPUETIC LEVEL 2.25-2.5 at 80.5 degrees for a full 30 days
Also assure you have a Reliable copper test kit to monitor and confirm these levels- I would Not recommend API brand

moz71

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a rough time dialing in cupramine. I would go with coppersafe with Hanna copper checker

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I prefer coppersafe. I've never seen variation in bottle doses (but I buy it by the gallon).

Jay

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 138 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.2%
Back