Coral always Leaning left and hitting sand

Reef_Tanks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my coral i bought a while ago maybe 3-4 months has been of late just always been leaning left and pretty much hitting the sand when it use to always be upright and looking good havent changed much at all idk what it could be?

I took off the rock for the sole purpose of a better picture but it's usually at the back standing tall

coral pic2.png

strawberryfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks pretty happy IMO. It may just be the flow blowing it over which isn't necessarily a bad thing as long as the coral looks healthy otherwise. Also do you happen to know what species it is, some leathers for example are prone to drooping over for a day or two and then inflating back up better than ever. You can try out different spots in the tank to see if it behaves differently but honestly as long as it still inflates up and the polyps are out, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Upvote 1
OP
OP
Reef_Tanks

Reef_Tanks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks pretty happy IMO. It may just be the flow blowing it over which isn't necessarily a bad thing as long as the coral looks healthy otherwise. Also do you happen to know what species it is, some leathers for example are prone to drooping over for a day or two and then inflating back up better than ever. You can try out different spots in the tank to see if it behaves differently but honestly as long as it still inflates up and the polyps are out, I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Appreciate it alot mate I'm fairly new to reefing so was just a little concerned because at the beginning when i first had it was sitting upright and you could see it over the rocks now leaning and don't see it clearly and nah unfortunately dont know the species. Anyways thx alot for the advice :)

Upvote 0

strawberryfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate it alot mate I'm fairly new to reefing so was just a little concerned because at the beginning when i first had it was sitting upright and you could see it over the rocks now leaning and don't see it clearly and nah unfortunately dont know the species. Anyways thx alot for the advice :)
No worries, you've certainly come to the right place for help. R2R is essential to reefing IMO, there is very little information about this hobby easily available online, and having experienced people to seek guidance from has been an invaluable help with my own tanks. Best of luck to you.

Upvote 1
OP
OP
Reef_Tanks

Reef_Tanks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No worries, you've certainly come to the right place for help. R2R is essential to reefing IMO, there is very little information about this hobby easily available online, and having experienced people has been an invaluable help with my own tanks. Best of luck to you.
Yeah I was surprised how well people know about all these different things and such quick responses loving the site

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Reef_Tanks

Reef_Tanks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No worries, you've certainly come to the right place for help. R2R is essential to reefing IMO, there is very little information about this hobby easily available online, and having experienced people to seek guidance from has been an invaluable help with my own tanks. Best of luck to you.
Sorry to bother you mate but one other thing that im concerned about and has already happened to me before late last year and i stopped putting fish in for around 5-6 months before the parasite was dead but I've noticed these little spots on the clowns head and only the head anything to worry about?
they both are eating well and not showing any signs of a disease but yeah idk
997b705d161b592310ec4edc5083e65f.png

Upvote 0

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to bother you mate but one other thing that im concerned about and has already happened to me before late last year and i stopped putting fish in for around 5-6 months before the parasite was dead but I've noticed these little spots on the clowns head and only the head anything to worry about?
they both are eating well and not showing any signs of a disease but yeah idk
997b705d161b592310ec4edc5083e65f.png
A pic under white lights would make it easier for the pros but it kinda looks like ich. Treatments gonna have to be done out of display tank in a hospital/quarantine tank. It’s best if you leave the display fishless for 45 days as a minimum I believe. I did close to 3 months fishless. If you search on this site for treatment process of ich you’ll find a ton of posts to help. I can’t exactly remember how I went about doin my hospital tank but you will need a copper based med and test kit. I used salifert for my test kit and cupramine as my med.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Reef_Tanks

Reef_Tanks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A pic under white lights would make it easier for the pros but it kinda looks like ich. Treatments gonna have to be done out of display tank in a hospital/quarantine tank. It’s best if you leave the display fishless for 45 days as a minimum I believe. I did close to 3 months fishless. If you search on this site for treatment process of ich you’ll find a ton of posts to help. I can’t exactly remember how I went about doin my hospital tank but you will need a copper based med and test kit. I used salifert for my test kit and cupramine as my med.
I've got a foxface and a coral beauty as well as the 2 clowns everyone seems to be doing fine I'm gonna go to the store in the morning but it's showing no symptoms of ich because I've had it in my tank a year ago and you could tell. These tiny spots you couldn't see til you really looked for it but I'll see what they say tomorrow and the best treatment *** i was really hoping I wouldn't have to deal with this stuff again just to much stress

Upvote 0

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a foxface and a coral beauty as well as the 2 clowns everyone seems to be doing fine I'm gonna go to the store in the morning but it's showing no symptoms of ich because I've had it in my tank a year ago and you could tell. These tiny spots you couldn't see til you really looked for it but I'll see what they say tomorrow and the best treatment *** i was really hoping I wouldn't have to deal with this stuff again just to much stress
I’ve been fortunate to not have to go through it again. They say diet plays a big role in keeping fish unstressed. Stressed fish have a harder time shaking off disease. I changed to frozen foods after goin through my first ich bout. It’s been over 18 months since I had a sick fish.

I did go fishless and without adding absolutely nothing in the tank for about 2 1/2 months. This gives whatever eggs the parasite may have left a chance to hatch and die off due to no host being available. Eventually they phase themselves out and your fish can go back in.

Upvote 0

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, search brooklynella, the two are sometimes confused. If it’s Brooke, you have to act quick because it kills and spreads fast. I’ve never dealt with the illness and couldn’t offer any help, sorry.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Reef_Tanks

Reef_Tanks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, search brooklynella, the two are sometimes confused. If it’s Brooke, you have to act quick because it kills and spreads fast. I’ve never dealt with the illness and couldn’t offer any help, sorry.
thx mate

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Reef_Tanks

Reef_Tanks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an FYI, none of us can see whats going on in those pictures.

Clean your glass, and turn some whites on. The first pic all I see is a white blob.
i mean i get what your saying i clean the class all the time but you can clearly see the little white spots in the future yes I'll turn the white lights on but had to leave shortly after posting it's fine going to the shop tomorrow and clearly a few people saw it btw

Upvote 0

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back