Coral Beauty Help

JimSWreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the scoop...
I bought a beautiful coral beauty and brought her home. I introduced it to the tank properly. I have done some deep cleaning in the tank since I've had her.

The entire time that I have had her has been about 3 weeks and I have only seen her a few times....the first day or two.

I have pukani rock all over, and am thinking( hoping) it is just hiding this whole time. Maybe startled it from my cleaning escapades... But it is weir ding me out that I can't find this fish anywhere... I don't think anything ate it...

I have...
1 clown
1 Lt anemone
Some corals
1 blood red shrimp
1 cleaner shrimp
1 emerald crab
And several snails/ hermits
I recently got a brittle star, but he has stayed in a cave for the past few days.

This mystery is blowing my mind....

I am almost to the point of chipping my rock scape apart to find this fish hoping its hiding in there.

Maybe some of you have had this issue?

Thanks for your time.

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you haven't seen the fish in roughly 2 1/2 weeks its probably safe to say the fish has passed :p

At this point it will more than likely be completely deteriorated and you wont find any evidence by ripping the tank apart. They are a very active fish and when healthy are always out in the open with it also swimming thru Rockwork

OP
OP
JimSWreef

JimSWreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you haven't seen the fish in roughly 2 1/2 weeks its probably safe to say the fish has passed :p

At this point it will more than likely be completely deteriorated and you wont find any evidence by ripping the tank apart. They are a very active fish and when healthy are always out in the open with it also swimming thru Rockwork

Bummer... Well, I'll have to try my luck again I guess and let him settle a bit longer before I do tank maintenance. I was hoping he'd still be hiding hahah.

I also never got an ammonia spike, which I thought I would, but guess my bacteria is doing its job haha.

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Totally agree sorry about the loss unfortunately part of the hobby we all experience.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is amazing how quickly and efficiently a dead fish can be broken down. On a fish the size of a cral beauty or smaller most systems can handle with out a blip of an ammonia increase.

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear. Yes they are active fish and not famous to hide long upon introduction.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 12 7.5%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 30 18.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 105 66.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.1%
Back