Coral Box WiFi Dosing Pump

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

bychance

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0829.jpg

Bryknicks

I am just now getting around to setting up my dosing pump. I ended up starting a new, larger system and I am just getting to where I need to start dosing. I returned to this post to refresh my memory. Your picture is worth a 1,000 words, thanks again.

I noticed you have the John Guest check valves right at the storage containers and it looks like you may have a second one at the end of the tubing where it goes into your sump. Is this correct? 2 check valves on each dosing head?

Is there anything you experienced that I should do and/or not do when setting this up? I will take your advice and superglue the connection at the pump heads.

Did you have to heat the RODI line in order to get it on the pump heads?

Thank you in advance.

Bryknicks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bryknicks

I am just now getting around to setting up my dosing pump. I ended up starting a new, larger system and I am just getting to where I need to start dosing. I returned to this post to refresh my memory. Your picture is worth a 1,000 words, thanks again.

I noticed you have the John Guest check valves right at the storage containers and it looks like you may have a second one at the end of the tubing where it goes into your sump. Is this correct? 2 check valves on each dosing head?

Is there anything you experienced that I should do and/or not do when setting this up? I will take your advice and superglue the connection at the pump heads.

Did you have to heat the RODI line in order to get it on the pump heads?

Thank you in advance.
Hey, I did end up using two john guest check valves per dosing head. I originally installed one by the dosing container and after a couple days I found that wasn't enough. I added a second at the end of the dosing line near the sump and that solved my issues.

I used RO line and superglue as redundency as I've seen other posts with people having similar issues even after installing check valves on the soft lines that come with it. Since I set it up this was the calibration has held for almost two years now. I did not need to heat the RO line to get it on the pump heads. Let me know if you have any other questions and how it works out for you.

bychance

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me know if you have any other questions and how it works out for you.

Ok... It did not go so well.

I set it up using RODI tubing, superglued the connectors at the pump and used check valves. When I went to calibrate, first step is to draw fluid through the lines to get the air out.

I am using pump heads 2, 3 & 4 due to the way the dosing pump is mounted.

It would not draw any fluid through any of the 3 pumps. So I watched a some videos on how to superglue. It wasn't exactly the way I did it so I took all the tubing off, cleaned everything up and re-glued following the directions. Still, no fluid would pull from any of the 3 pumps.

So... I took the spare head the pump comes with, hooked up the flimsy tubing that came with the unit and that would only pull water 1" above the container and would not pull any further.

Do I condemn the unit? or am I doing something totally wrong?

malacoda

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok... It did not go so well.

I set it up using RODI tubing, superglued the connectors at the pump and used check valves. When I went to calibrate, first step is to draw fluid through the lines to get the air out.

I am using pump heads 2, 3 & 4 due to the way the dosing pump is mounted.

It would not draw any fluid through any of the 3 pumps. So I watched a some videos on how to superglue. It wasn't exactly the way I did it so I took all the tubing off, cleaned everything up and re-glued following the directions. Still, no fluid would pull from any of the 3 pumps.

So... I took the spare head the pump comes with, hooked up the flimsy tubing that came with the unit and that would only pull water 1" above the container and would not pull any further.

Do I condemn the unit? or am I doing something totally wrong?
1) Is the RO tubing you're using the same inner diameter as the tubing on the dosing heads?
If it's much larger, it will make it harder for the heads to create enough vacuum to start lifting the fluid.

2) Try priming the lines without the check valves installed. Once you have fluid in the lines, then put the check valves back in.

Bryknicks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoping you didn’t glue the opening into he connection? I first pushed the ro tube onto the connector but left space at the top. Then ran a bead of glue around it and then pushed together and wiped clean. Also not sure what your pulling liquid from but make sure it’s not pulling a vaccum seal. It’s needs to be able to breath. Otherwise maybe the check valves are backwards?

bychance

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, Thanks guys.

I think this is a bad pump. After it didn't work with the RO tubing I used the backup head that comes with the unit, used the flimsy tubing that comes with the unit and it could only draw tap water an inch above the container. I then tried it on a second head and it didn't draw any water out of the container.

I am curious about the size of the RO tubing I used, as malacoda mentioned. The tubing I used is 1/4 OD and 1/8 ID. Is this to large?

I purchased a Jebao Doser 2.4 WiFi 4-Channel. It should be here today and I will start again.....

bychance

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Bryknicks

malacoda

I found my problem. Check out this video starting at 12:40

Ran through the drill and all 4 heads worked, with the RO/Superglue lines!
Now I have 2 dosers....... I think I like the Jebao one best, despite no way to mount it and the power connection is on the rear of the unit. Stupid design.......

bychance

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a full day of attempting to get either of these two beast setup, I've scrapped the Jebao and Went with the Coral Box Doser. It seems to be an all around better unit and app (from what I could tell).

I wasn't able to stick with the RO line. I eventually went with the airline tubing it came with on the pickup side. I used a check valve on the pick up side. It wouldn't prime at first. I had to lift each storage container up to pump level to get them to prime. Once I got the 3 heads I will be using primed, I calibrated. 2 heads were as far off as 13 ml on the 10 ml prime.

The app is nice and easy to use.
I have the doser running with my fingers crossed. I've marked my bottles so that I can monitor how much liquid is missing. I don't have a lot of faith in this set up. Which isn't really the feeling one wants with a dosing unit.....

Bryknicks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the line inside of the dosing head was pinched?

What issue did you have with the RO lines that it didn't work? Or was it due to the glue causing issues?

Agree that you want to feel confident in the doser hooked up to your tank. I will admit I lost faith and almost gave up on it due to the same feeling. The RO tubing and double check valves was the last resort and thankfully worked for me. Good luck, hope it works out for you!

bychance

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The RO tubing worked with the pump pulling water, but once I put check valves between the reservoir and the pump, it wouldn't work. I did not try to lift the bottles higher to get a prime. I discovered that trick after I threw in the towel and went to the smaller line.

I marked the containers to try to keep a visual gauge on how much (if any) additives are being used.

I am so over it! But I need it to work :p

Bryknicks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope you didn't install the check valves backwards?

Let us know how it's working out now that you have it set up and running.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got this doser and I can’t get it to connect to my home Wi Fi. My home network doesn’t show up on the said list and when I put it in manually it still will not work. Anyone have any idea what’s going on.
It’s 2022, I got the same issue. There’s constant connection issues without using the home Wi-Fi. Every time I have to try 3-5 times to make it work. That’s why if someone can figure out the home Wi-Fi issue be great.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 37.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back