Coral ID / Placement

Yeh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everybody,
Need a quick frag ID. I got these 3 frags in a mystery pack awhile ago and I have some more coming in tomorrow so I am finalizing my placement. I just came back from vacation so the glass is dirty and I need to fix the sand in the corner.

[ID please](https://imgur.com/a/OKwArLW)

Also do these placements all sound correct? I posted awhile ago but I’m always second guessing my placements. Some I already have (*) and some are coming tomorrow (+).

Platygyra + - lower part of tank - 1 space dust and 1 super melon coming

Pocillopora + - needs direct flow and light - top of rocks - 2 pack mystery frag coming

Acropora + - lower part of tank - 2 frag mystery pack coming

Birdsnest + - mid to upper park of tank - high light - 2 frag mystery pack coming

Zoa * - lower 3/4 - have a ton of these bad boys already

Duncan * - lower - have 1, steady but needs moved.

Mushroom * - sand or low low in tank - have 1 doing decent and 1 not doing so well - both green riccordea

Acan * - sand - have 2 that are doing decent, definitely need to relocate lower - candy cane and red lord

Fluval Evo 13.5 with an AI prime with a modified Saxby schedule.

Planning on using some live rock chunks from my 3rd chamber to help mount the frags in the sand if that matters.

Thanks!

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The image didn't load. Re-upload?
Placement sounds fine for all. Acans can be either sand bed or mounted on rockwork.

OP
OP
Y

Yeh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Caulastrea, or neon candy cane. Other ones appear to be clove polyps
Thank you so much!
As far as the sand moving from that specific corner of my tank in the pictures, is it worth adding some bigger substrate to that corner specifically as well as reposition my wave maker?

It seems to do fine for a few weeks then just goes crazy and bare bottom in that one corner and I have to blast everything back to get level. Also thinking of adding a live rock with a coral frag that likes flow in the spot to help.

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could add some more but eventually it will probably go bare. A rock isn't a bad idea. Not a lot of coral likes to be blasted directly though.

OP
OP
Y

Yeh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could add some more but eventually it will probably go bare. A rock isn't a bad idea. Not a lot of coral likes to be blasted directly though.
I think I’ll add a rock and go from there. I thought I had my return pump and wave maker positioned appropriately but never hurts to try again. I essentially am redoing my entire scape and layout anyways.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have;
Caulastrea, GSP (Keep it isolated), and Clove Polyps. I have done it in a weird order but flip the GSP and Clove polyps around and that’s the photos in order.

OP
OP
Y

Yeh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the result of my replacement and everything if anybody is curious! Everything I received is still alive and seems to be acclimating nicely.

Sadly my green riccordea mushrooms did not make it, which they were already on their last leg so I’m not surprised.

Found some aptasia on a GSP frag (bottom right corner) which I’m going to chemically treat tomorrow. Added some Flux RX on Friday for GHA so I’ll re-add my chemipure blue tomorrow as well.

Filtered and unfiltered

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back