Coral ID??

  • Thread starter Thread starter Moondawg
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Moondawg

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 24, 2019
Messages
116
Reaction score
101
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone ID this coral? It was listed as a "blueberry fields acro" but I believe it was mislabeled.
Screenshot_20190930-215739_eBay.jpg
 
They can, just hasn't developed pronounced radial and axial corallites. Sometimes with frags like these, I like to make a very small nip or two with bone cutters once its stable/ been in the system for a few weeks. The inflicted injury usually promotes formation of an axial corallite and spur vertical growth, esp with "dormant" frags or acros that show lots of basal growth but little vertical growth.

It can a helpful "nudge" to start growing new branches.
 
They can, just hasn't developed pronounced radial and axial corallites. Sometimes with frags like these, I like to make a very small nip or two with bone cutters once its stable/ been in the system for a few weeks. The inflicted injury usually promotes formation of an axial corallite and spur vertical growth, esp with "dormant" frags or acros that show lots of basal growth but little vertical growth.

It can a helpful "nudge" to start growing new branches.
Interesting, I had no idea, but I'm still fairly new to reefing.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new