Coral ID

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this a goniopora coral? Ordered a goniopora coral and was sent this I thought they had longer tentacles?
IMG_20201123_134454.jpg

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The polyps will retract and expand. There are even some with very short stubby polyps. The polyps def look to be the correct shape and there appear to be a correctnumberof tentacles. If its new then it may just need to settle in for a few days. I like the color.

OP
OP
Qasimja

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The polyps will retract and expand. There are even some with very short stubby polyps. The polyps def look to be the correct shape and there appear to be a correctnumberof tentacles. If its new then it may just need to settle in for a few days. I like the color.
yea its new been in my tank about 4 days

Bfragale

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a Goni. Maybe give it a few days to settle in. I have a few- one stays short like yours but does still grow - maybe lighting could make a difference on how it extends (or not lol)

how long hav you had it?
B00101E6-6AFF-43AE-9465-05DAC8674673.jpeg

OP
OP
Qasimja

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a Goni. Maybe give it a few days to settle in. I have a few- one stays short like yours but does still grow - maybe lighting could make a difference on how it extends (or not lol)

how long hav you had it?
its been about 4 days

Bfragale

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its been about 4 days
Your tank looks mature. How’s your parameters? I feel like mine are more sensitive to phosphates. I’m at .7ppm. If I hit 1ppm they retract a bit- it’s like a visual sign I need to change gfo lol. How’s your parameters? Are your keeping other corals?

OP
OP
Qasimja

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank looks mature. How’s your parameters? I feel like mine are more sensitive to phosphates. I’m at .7ppm. If I hit 1ppm they retract a bit- it’s like a visual sign I need to change gfo lol. How’s your parameters? Are your keeping other corals?
tanks up for about 16 months and my nitrate and phos were off the charts a few weeks ago lost a few lps started dosing nopox my nitrates are about 40 right now and my phos about 0.5 been dosing for 2 weeks now and its helped me lower my numbers tremendously.

my numbers were 160nitrates and 1.0 phosphates before i started nopox i got phosphate-e to help knock my phosphates down to where they need to be and hopefully i can maintain these low numbers with water changes this time instead of all this dosing

Back