Coral ID?

ridgeburyreefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 29, 2020
Messages
124
Reaction score
55
Location
ridgebury
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2098C5E6-44E0-4B54-8727-B77795B151C8.jpeg
836BFBF0-2D44-4615-B2B2-EDD7A88A6892.jpeg
My LFS gave me this dying frag about a month ago, this polyp was a tiny spec of red and now it’s grown, it’s part of a larger dead section seen to the left and above it. I’m looking for an ID. During the day it opens more out and looks like a flat red disc w this green center. There’s another very tiny polyp started but I couldn’t get a good image of it. I see no visible movement on the polyp and no tentacles ever come out that I’ve seen. Any ideas?
 
+1 blasto just shooting from the hip. but hard to tell if it’s in recovery it won’t be super “meaty”.
 
+1 blasto just shooting from the hip. but hard to tell if it’s in recovery it won’t be super “meaty”.
This is about 75% larger than it was when it came home. I think it’s recovering well! It was going in the trash if I didn’t take it; it seems to like my tank
 
This is about 75% larger than it was when it came home. I think it’s recovering well! It was going in the trash if I didn’t take it; it seems to like my tank
Glad it’s recovering well good luck.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new