Coral ID

Johnny_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've added my first 5 frags and I can't identify this one. LFS said Zoa...

1642645164771.jpeg

Sorry for the bad pic. It has lost most of it's color since arriving. All other corals seem happy.

I'm not sure on lighting or placement for this guy. Just told medium light and flow. Moved around a few times in the last week but not much luck. Suggestions.

Clawfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
definetly some type of zoa, what size tank and lights? usually place on sand bed for a bit to let it acclimate

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
zoas are very versatile. can do well in high light once acclimated. medium/low light, medium flow (indirect) is where most reefers keep theirs. too low of a flow and you’ll have detritus buildup between the polyps

OP
OP
Johnny_Reefer

Johnny_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
definetly some type of zoa, what size tank and lights? usually place on sand bed for a bit to let it acclimate
WB Marine X 60.2 using XR15 Blue think my lighting is a bit much. I moved to indirect light last night and looks a bit better today. Will a hermit crab bother it in the sand bed?

Clawfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WB Marine X 60.2 using XR15 Blue think my lighting is a bit much. I moved to indirect light last night and looks a bit better today. Will a hermit crab bother it in the sand bed?
I would lower the power of the light and slightly bring it up about 10% a week to
let all the corals acclimate a bit to the light

hermits shouldn’t bother it, if sand gets on it just lightly shoot water with a turkey baster to get it off

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 17 81.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 9.5%
Back