Coral qt lighting

Reefer_madness78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm finishing up some inverts in my qt. Next I want some more coral. Will a abi 12w be enough for sps and lps? It's only a 10g tank and I would only have a couple (maybe 4) frags in there. They would be there for 6 weeks and I could move them up higher in the tank and/or move the light closer.

Bo.

Impatient as always
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm finishing up some inverts in my qt. Next I want some more coral. Will a abi 12w be enough for sps and lps? It's only a 10g tank and I would only have a couple (maybe 4) frags in there. They would be there for 6 weeks and I could move them up higher in the tank and/or move the light closer.
I run my qt on a super cheap coral life light that only puts out about 50 par @ 12". I keep my sps about 3" from the surface, and haven't lost anything during qt. They sure don't grow, but it's an ok solution until my light upgrade moves my black box over to my qt. Maybe someone @ReefSquad has a better answer for you.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'm not familiar with that light. What corals will you have under it?

OP
OP
R

Reefer_madness78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not familiar with that light. What corals will you have under it?
The light is on Amazon. Abi led blue aquarium light. As far as what coral I would have under it, I want to be able to pick a coral I want. I would probably only have easy to care for coral though.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.4%
Back