Coral Resurrection?

Nurfed

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 12, 2022
Messages
49
Reaction score
42
Location
Fort Worth
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this coral back in May when I rebooted my tank. At the time I didn’t know I had copper in my system. The coral obviously died due to the copper.

My question is, does this coral look like it’s coming back to life after months of being dead and covered in diatoms/algaes?

E51370A5-F4CE-4582-8BC2-12B8B31727BE.jpeg
 
Definitely. The green fluorescent hue is your first clue.
 
Looks like a favia which are pretty hardy so with good water params it should come back. And no more copper.:)
 
Looks like a favia which are pretty hardy so with good water params it should come back. And no more copper.:)
I had a brass fittings in the tank from when it was a freshwater setup. Didn’t even think about them when I went saltwater last year.

I’ve been through a lot of polyfilter and cuprisorb.
 
Eh, it happens. Lesson learned.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 31.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new