coralife led seascape HELP

Tyler COlburn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any experience with this light i have the 30-36" one and I am trying to figure out what percent blue and white I should be using for my reef tank currently no coral in it just an anemone but want to get lighting up to where it needs to be anything help!

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How deep is your tank?

At only 36 watts, it's pretty weak. Sorry for the bad news.

Here is what Reef Builders said:
We tested the 48″ Coralife LED Aqualight S over a 75 gallon aquarium and found that it lived up to the claims of roughly 40 umols of PAR at 12 inches underwater. Since 55 and 75 gallon tanks are 18 inches deep, you’ll get lower light levels beyond 12 inches so with a single fixture you’ll manage to grow coralline algae but on shallower tanks you could conceivably keep and grow low light corals.

So if your tank is more than 12" deep, I'd suggest 100% blue, and as close to 100% white as you want (the closer the better), and whatever you want on the RBG channel.

OP
OP
Tyler COlburn

Tyler COlburn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How deep is your tank?

At only 36 watts, it's pretty weak. Sorry for the bad news.

Here is what Reef Builders said:
We tested the 48″ Coralife LED Aqualight S over a 75 gallon aquarium and found that it lived up to the claims of roughly 40 umols of PAR at 12 inches underwater. Since 55 and 75 gallon tanks are 18 inches deep, you’ll get lower light levels beyond 12 inches so with a single fixture you’ll manage to grow coralline algae but on shallower tanks you could conceivably keep and grow low light corals.

So if your tank is more than 12" deep, I'd suggest 100% blue, and as close to 100% white as you want (the closer the better), and whatever you want on the RBG channel.
What would be a good light for it that I wouldn’t have to hang and wouldn’t break the bank ?

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure. Taking away hanging a fixture REALLY limits your choices. I think there may be a black box led that has legs for a reasonable price. I don't think Mars Aqua offers legs. Maybe Viparspectra?

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 120 58.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 30.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 74 36.1%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 34 16.6%
  • Other

Votes: 61 29.8%
Back