coralife led seascape HELP

Tyler COlburn

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 25, 2020
Messages
6
Reaction score
1
Location
Seattle
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any experience with this light i have the 30-36" one and I am trying to figure out what percent blue and white I should be using for my reef tank currently no coral in it just an anemone but want to get lighting up to where it needs to be anything help!
 
How deep is your tank?

At only 36 watts, it's pretty weak. Sorry for the bad news.

Here is what Reef Builders said:
We tested the 48″ Coralife LED Aqualight S over a 75 gallon aquarium and found that it lived up to the claims of roughly 40 umols of PAR at 12 inches underwater. Since 55 and 75 gallon tanks are 18 inches deep, you’ll get lower light levels beyond 12 inches so with a single fixture you’ll manage to grow coralline algae but on shallower tanks you could conceivably keep and grow low light corals.

So if your tank is more than 12" deep, I'd suggest 100% blue, and as close to 100% white as you want (the closer the better), and whatever you want on the RBG channel.
 
How deep is your tank?

At only 36 watts, it's pretty weak. Sorry for the bad news.

Here is what Reef Builders said:
We tested the 48″ Coralife LED Aqualight S over a 75 gallon aquarium and found that it lived up to the claims of roughly 40 umols of PAR at 12 inches underwater. Since 55 and 75 gallon tanks are 18 inches deep, you’ll get lower light levels beyond 12 inches so with a single fixture you’ll manage to grow coralline algae but on shallower tanks you could conceivably keep and grow low light corals.

So if your tank is more than 12" deep, I'd suggest 100% blue, and as close to 100% white as you want (the closer the better), and whatever you want on the RBG channel.
What would be a good light for it that I wouldn’t have to hang and wouldn’t break the bank ?
 
I'm not sure. Taking away hanging a fixture REALLY limits your choices. I think there may be a black box led that has legs for a reasonable price. I don't think Mars Aqua offers legs. Maybe Viparspectra?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new