Corals splitting and not opening like usual

Jonathan lee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i have a question. When torches split, are they supposed to lose most of the flesh that comes down the side? My torch recently split and it hasn’t been opening as big as usual. No more 2 inch tentacles now theyre all 1 inch only. And i realised the flesh that comes down the side has also became smaller. Well theres less flesh than before basically and some spots especially where it spilt theres no flesh coming down the side. Is this normal when torches split heads? I can understand the flesh down the side being gone where they split cause it literally split so there cant be flesh where they split but about the tentacles not expanding as usual, im abit puzzled. Its been a few weeks since it fully split, tentacles still half the length. Its a nice mystic torch that ive had for almost half a year now. Kinda dont wanna lose it.

OP
OP
J

Jonathan lee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine did retract for a week or so after spitting. I didn't see any lose of flesh tho....I see more flesh actually.
Uh oh. My other torches, hammer and frogspawn still have the flesh coming down the sides. Only this torch that recently split has this loss of flesh down the sides of the skeleton. Hopefully the flesh grows over the skeleton again. I get scared when i dont see the flesh down the sides lol. Thats the first thing i look for when i feel a head is gonna die

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back