CoralVue Customer Support Does NOT answer emails!!!

Steve2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious if anyone has had an issue with getting a response from CoralVue via email? I was looking at purchasing a piece of equipment from them that has had some bad reviews in the past and I emailed a few questions about said product and it is going on 2 weeks with no response. I even followed up with another email a week ago and to see if the email was delivered and still no response. Prior to sending the email I called their customer support and she was extremely courteous on the phone but could not answer some of the questions that where fairly technical. I can only assume that the product is so bad they don't even care to respond to questions about said product. Being a retired engineer that worked with and supported hundreds of customers in the Nuclear Field and Food & Beverage Industries, to completely ignore a potential customer is not the way to do business in my book.

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never used their email but they have been super responsive through their support ticket portal. Have you tried them on Facebook in Coralvue Cares?

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious if anyone has had an issue with getting a response from CoralVue via email? I was looking at purchasing a piece of equipment from them that has had some bad reviews in the past and I emailed a few questions about said product and it is going on 2 weeks with no response. I even followed up with another email a week ago and to see if the email was delivered and still no response. Prior to sending the email I called their customer support and she was extremely courteous on the phone but could not answer some of the questions that where fairly technical. I can only assume that the product is so bad they don't even care to respond to questions about said product. Being a retired engineer that worked with and supported hundreds of customers in the Nuclear Field and Food & Beverage Industries, to completely ignore a potential customer is not the way to do business in my book.
They have not answered my emails after 3 days waiting..so I feel your pain.

cotofl02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They’ve always been super responsive. I use the support portal on their website and have never waited more than 24 hours for someone to reach out. It’s unlike them not to respond. If you don’t mind me asking, what email address did you send to?

OP
OP
Steve2020

Steve2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They’ve always been super responsive. I use the support portal on their website and have never waited more than 24 hours for someone to reach out. It’s unlike them not to respond. If you don’t mind me asking, what email address did you send to?
I did use the support portal and this is what I received back from them a few weeks ago:

Thanks for reaching out!

We wanted to let you know we received your request and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Our Care Team typically works Monday - Friday, 9-5 CST and do our best to respond outside of these hours.

Have an amazing rest of your day and please let us know if you have any other questions.

If you need to add more information to this ticket, please go to
Sincerely,

CoralVue Support Team
http://www.coralvue.com/support

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have always answered me within 24-72 hours, and the agents have always been helpful and honest/direct.
They may be running into staffing issues like most places right now and having issue getting back in time

OP
OP
Steve2020

Steve2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never used their email but they have been super responsive through their support ticket portal. Have you tried them on Facebook in Coralvue Cares?
It was the Support Portal I used. They responded back via email Just thanking me for reaching out. This was 2 weeks ago.

Thanks for reaching out!

We wanted to let you know we received your request and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Our Care Team typically works Monday - Friday, 9-5 CST and do our best to respond outside of these hours.

Have an amazing rest of your day and please let us know if you have any other questions.

Sincerely,

CoralVue Support Team

Did not know about CoralVue Cares since I have never ordered from them before.

cotofl02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did use the support portal and this is what I received back from them a few weeks ago:

Thanks for reaching out!

Sincerely,

CoralVue Support Team
Yeah that’s odd, I haven’t had to reach out much but when I have I received a quick answer. You may want to try their Facebook, I’ve gone there for general product questions and have gotten fairly quick responses as well.

OP
OP
Steve2020

Steve2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have always answered me within 24-72 hours, and the agents have always been helpful and honest/direct.
They may be running into staffing issues like most places right now and having issue getting back in time
2 Weeks though??? Never had this lack of response with BRS, Ecotech, GHL, Aqua Cave and others. NEVER!!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I had same too with phone but good response with email usage

OP
OP
Steve2020

Steve2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that’s odd, I haven’t had to reach out much but when I have I received a quick answer. You may want to try their Facebook, I’ve gone there for general product questions and have gotten fairly quick responses as well.

I had same too with phone but good response with email usage
Guess they are really busy or something. I was going to purchase this said item from BRS because CoralVue will only sell this to a distributor and BRS is just down the road but I needed some specific technical info from the manufacturer prior to pulling the plug on the purchase.

cotofl02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess they are really busy or something. I was going to purchase this said item from BRS because CoralVue will only sell this to a distributor and BRS is just down the road but I needed some specific technical info from the manufacturer prior to pulling the plug on the purchase.
How specific is the info. You can typically get most questions answered in the forums.

OP
OP
Steve2020

Steve2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately or I should say fortunately I do not use Facebook or any other Social Media. I do enjoy Forums though and get some good info from them.

OP
OP
Steve2020

Steve2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How specific is the info. You can typically get most questions answered in the forums.
I have a feeling that most of the answers would be don't purchase that item. It has some pretty bad reviews on this site but being a retired Engineer I have some modification ideas I could do myself to make it work properly if it actually does not work as built or if the majority of the issues are due to not using it properly.

cotofl02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a feeling that most of the answers would be don't purchase that item. It has some pretty bad reviews on this site but being a retired Engineer I have some modification ideas I could do myself to make it work properly if it actually does not work as built or if the majority of the issues are due to not using it properly.
So secretive, you can’t get any advice or help if you keep giving cryptic answers. What are you looking to buy, lol.

OP
OP
Steve2020

Steve2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So secretive, you can’t get any advice or help if you keep giving cryptic answers. What are you looking to buy, lol.
Didn't want to say the item because after seeing some bad reviews, not all bad, I figured the first reply would be " It is a piece of crap, don't waist your money ". The Items are the Klir di7 Fleece Roller, sensor relocation mount and 7" hole plug. I really want to try a Fleece Filter Roller but I do not want to modify my Advanced Acrylics custom PVC Hybrid sump ($3300 ) plus I am running a Bean Animal overflow and to combine the full syphon and trickle pipe piping into one pipe would be difficult with my setup.

cotofl02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn't want to say the item because after seeing some bad reviews, not all bad, I figured the first reply would be " It is a piece of crap, don't waist your money ". The Items are the Klir di7 Fleece Roller, sensor relocation mount and 7" hole plug. I really want to try a Fleece Filter Roller but I do not want to modify my Advanced Acrylics custom PVC Hybrid sump ($3300 ) plus I am running a Bean Animal overflow and to combine the full syphon and trickle pipe piping into one pipe would be difficult with my setup.
Yeah I hear you, I wouldn’t want to modify that sump either. I have yet to go down the filter roller road but I know they are super popular. Hopefully someone can give you a little more info than a thumbs up or a thumbs down. Best of luck to you!

OP
OP
Steve2020

Steve2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I like the way you get a couple thumbs up for your comment of me being secretive but yet have zero input, lol.

I think I will just start another thread on the Klir di7 for Reefer's who are using the Klir that have either no problems or have corrected issues they had. I will be asking for only those Reefers and not the negative comment Reefer's that tried the Klir and gave up because they couldn't get it to function to their liking and didn't either set it up correctly or even attempt to modify it to comment. Already read the bad reviews.
After writing PLC programs for equipment and production lines, I would spend 75% to 80% of my time on the road setting everything up and having to make corrections to the program to make the equipment and or lines function to their differences in design and layout. There are always differences just like our tanks and sumps, no two are alike no matter if they are built identically. Same goes with the tank equipment we use. Some identical piece of equipment will work for some as advertised and not for others. Sometimes you just have to be creative.
Sorry for the rant, lol.

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I like the way you get a couple thumbs up for your comment of me being secretive but yet have zero input, lol.

I think I will just start another thread on the Klir di7 for Reefer's who are using the Klir that have either no problems or have corrected issues they had. I will be asking for only those Reefers and not the negative comment Reefer's that tried the Klir and gave up because they couldn't get it to function to their liking and didn't either set it up correctly or even attempt to modify it to comment. Already read the bad reviews.
After writing PLC programs for equipment and production lines, I would spend 75% to 80% of my time on the road setting everything up and having to make corrections to the program to make the equipment and or lines function to their differences in design and layout. There are always differences just like our tanks and sumps, no two are alike no matter if they are built identically. Same goes with the tank equipment we use. Some identical piece of equipment will work for some as advertised and not for others. Sometimes you just have to be creative.
Sorry for the rant, lol.
I use the Klir 4 and really like it. But I control it with the Hydros controller and not the stock Klir stuff.

OP
OP
Steve2020

Steve2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the Klir 4 and really like it. But I control it with the Hydros controller and not the stock Klir stuff.
If I get the Klir 7 and have sensor/ controller issues, I will remove the controller from the motor and remove the existing sensor and use one of my spare GHL optical sensors and splice the motor leads to a power cord plugging it in to one of my power bars and control it with the Profilux 4. That way I can set a maximum runtime and get an alarm message on my phone if I have a sensor issue that causes the motor to run to long or I could just set some cyclic run times and not use a sensor. Many options in case I have issues with the original Klir setup.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 106 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.6%
Back