!!!CORALVUE DROPS IN AGAIN!!! CAMERAS CAME TOO!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

SlvrZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
always love seeing videos about BattleCoral, it's one of my favorites!

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's always great to have my good friends Carlos and Jeremy from Coralvue up for a visit. I've got a lot more happy coral in house than I did during their last visit, so consequently we focused a lot more on coral in this vid!

Thanks again for and putting this together! Already looking forward to next visit. Just bring your suits next time:).

If anyone has any questions about anything in the vid, please don't hesitate.

Hey Adam,

You should definitely do more of these, like more than once a year! quick question, you say you run alk 8.5-9.5 but when it cut to the alk monitor in the video it was in the low 7s. Was that just coralvue stock footage of their monitor?

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Very nice!! What neatly organized colonies :)

Here's a Bleeding Tree photo to add to the party. This is probably only 1/3 of the colony, also one of my favorites from BC that I hoarded for years! I'm sure mine isnt getting as much flow as Adam's, which may be why I dont get those fancy long corallites?

IMG-2431.jpg

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Not to speak for Adam, but those are ReefBreeders Photon V2's I believe.

Yep I have made no secret of the fact that I really like the photon V2s. I don't get any kickbacks or free stuff in any way, I just like how well they work. Logan put a really good layout together for these fixtures.

Jeremy@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Adam,

You should definitely do more of these, like more than once a year! quick question, you say you run alk 8.5-9.5 but when it cut to the alk monitor in the video it was in the low 7s. Was that just coralvue stock footage of their monitor?
That was B-Roll footage of a previous video this is a photo of Adams Monitoring setup that day. Hope he doesn't mind.
BC_KHG.jpg

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That was B-Roll footage of a previous video this is a photo of Adams Monitoring setup that day. Hope he doesn't mind.
BC_KHG.jpg

Of course not! I'm still keeping my alk right about there anyway:). It's a super solid machine. I have had to replace the ph probe once and a minor tweak after the reagent is replaced, but other than that its required nothing from me to keep going. been up and running for about 1.5 years now.

CoralCache

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adam,

How are you testing salinity? I am very old school too and found the only reliable means to measure salinity for me is one of these. I have tried electronic and everything else I can find. I keep coming back to the old reliable. I have a milwaukee for reference but still use this guy regularly.

very much appreciated! I am kind of like hermit in my coral lair up there a lot of the time

20181102_164614.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 29 55.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 7.7%
Back