Coralvue Xepta?

OneFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all!

Let me preface by saying that I do not own or even seen in person any of the currently available testing/dosing systems. I have been keeping my eye on all of them to see what everyone thinks and which performs the best so that I know which one I am going to splurge on when the time comes

I am just curious why people have not been talking about the CoralVue Xepta more? I know it is not out yet, so we don’t know the cons, but the pros seem to be pretty great:

-probes instead or reagents to keep the annual costs lower (and I would think probes would be more accurate but I could definitely be wrong)
-has the option to get the integrated AutoBalance system (not sure if other ones have that feature or if you have to program it yourself)
-since it is probe based, I would think it would be completely silent except for the AutoBalance dosing unit
-not 100% sure on this one buttttt - it looks like a standalone unit, which would be beneficial for people, like me, who do not have a controller yet (I would love to get a Trident/Apex or a GHL/Ion Director, but I don’t know if FASFA would be happy with a $1300+ BRS charge - I know it does not work that way :D)
-they also leaked a nitrate probe in a video which, I think, would be the first of its kind

I am in no way here to create an argument thread or bash on any systems out there (I would personally love to have any of them). Having no hands-on experience with any of these systems, I cannot form judgements besides from what is posted on R2R threads. I would just like to hear people’s opinions about these systems and what makes some more popular than others. Things like brand name, customer service support, reliability, etc.

Jseimo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s actually a 2 piece system. An on called the auto balance and another called the abex. You would need both to do all the test. Biggest pro for the system would be auto dosing included with it. Also it’s a Spanish company that coral vue is bringing to the us

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think GHL ion director overshadowed it a bit.
Not sure how good coral vue device will be given its their first entry to market.
While GHL been there for a while and proved solid devices so far. Also GHL have a full line up from controller to dosers to testers. Investing there is better in my openion...

Last edited:

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all!

Let me preface by saying that I do not own or even seen in person any of the currently available testing/dosing systems. I have been keeping my eye on all of them to see what everyone thinks and which performs the best so that I know which one I am going to splurge on when the time comes

I am just curious why people have not been talking about the CoralVue Xepta more? I know it is not out yet, so we don’t know the cons, but the pros seem to be pretty great:

-probes instead or reagents to keep the annual costs lower (and I would think probes would be more accurate but I could definitely be wrong)
-has the option to get the integrated AutoBalance system (not sure if other ones have that feature or if you have to program it yourself)
-since it is probe based, I would think it would be completely silent except for the AutoBalance dosing unit
-not 100% sure on this one buttttt - it looks like a standalone unit, which would be beneficial for people, like me, who do not have a controller yet (I would love to get a Trident/Apex or a GHL/Ion Director, but I don’t know if FASFA would be happy with a $1300+ BRS charge - I know it does not work that way :D)
-they also leaked a nitrate probe in a video which, I think, would be the first of its kind

I am in no way here to create an argument thread or bash on any systems out there (I would personally love to have any of them). Having no hands-on experience with any of these systems, I cannot form judgements besides from what is posted on R2R threads. I would just like to hear people’s opinions about these systems and what makes some more popular than others. Things like brand name, customer service support, reliability, etc.

I email Spain facility, took forever to get response. And they never gave me straight answers, to questions. So gonna go with GHL system, will do more. Bummer

carogers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CoralVue link to the Xepta products is a dead link. I wonder if they've given up on it?

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CoralVue link to the Xepta products is a dead link. I wonder if they've given up on it?
Was wondering why it was gone myself. I noticed it when I was responding to this thread I started.

Ardeus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just got a Xepta Autobalance today.

20200519_213202.jpg

Ardeus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're still trying to find out what's wrong with the clock of my unit. It's not the app, they suspect it may be a problem with the battery of the clock. This clock is used to schedule the dosing. I didn't notice any problem until now because I have it dosing once after each test.

Colin_S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is a old thread and I've watched your video a few times. There doesn't seem to be a lot of reviews or info on the performance / accuracy. do you have any update since you've had it a while now?

Ardeus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stand by my initial review. It has a mad clock but it's been doing its job and I can't imagine my tank without it. At this point, there's a large corals mass in my tank and alk variations can happen quickly.

Just a few days ago the clock went back a few years. This lasted a day. This means that it didn't perform any tests during this period. It doesn't happen often, but it happens maybe once every couple of months.

Would I trust it 100%? No. I keep a close eye on it, because alk variations can kill corals.

There's no risk of it overdosing, but because of the occasional clock problems, it can stop testing and dosing. But this is my experience with this specific unit, and it's possible that the clock problems may be related to my router.

Colin_S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for the update. You would think off all the tech the clock would be the easiest to program lol. have you tried the abex?

Ardeus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for the update. You would think off all the tech the clock would be the easiest to program lol. have you tried the abex?

And the clock problem is not something they'll ever fix.

I don't have plans to try the abex. I test manually Mg/Ca/K 3 or 4 times per year and I test NO3 once per week. It's not worth it for me.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 38 82.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back