Core7 #2 Overdose

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TechnicalFisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Came home today and found corals not quite looking right. PH and ALK fine but when I tested CA, it required 1.7ml of reagent which appears to correlate with 900 or so. Tested several times and checked against fresh saltwater, it's correct.

Checked my dosing containers and the Core7 #2 was half-empty (all were basically full at the beginning of the week and the other 3 are still basically full). So looks like I put 400+ml of #2 into my sump sometime in the last 2 days. From what I can tell, I got a siphon on my #2 dosing channel and containers were slightly higher than the outflow.

Have already done a 30% WC and I'm assuming I'll need another one or two of the same size between today and tomorrow. Is there anything else I need to do/worry about? Not sure what is in #2 other than CA but was concerned about overdose of trace elements.

djbetterly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Came home today and found corals not quite looking right. PH and ALK fine but when I tested CA, it required 1.7ml of reagent which appears to correlate with 900 or so. Tested several times and checked against fresh saltwater, it's correct.

Checked my dosing containers and the Core7 #2 was half-empty (all were basically full at the beginning of the week and the other 3 are still basically full). So looks like I put 400+ml of #2 into my sump sometime in the last 2 days. From what I can tell, I got a siphon on my #2 dosing channel and containers were slightly higher than the outflow.

Have already done a 30% WC and I'm assuming I'll need another one or two of the same size between today and tomorrow. Is there anything else I need to do/worry about? Not sure what is in #2 other than CA but was concerned about overdose of trace elements.

I did the same thing once, trying to find the thread where they told me the breakdown of the elements. Standby..

djbetterly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here you go!

4e5e4693eebeee4d9424c82eae2b1e91.png

OP
OP
TechnicalFisher

TechnicalFisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @djbetterly. How did your tank fare?? (or do I even want to know :confused:).

I've read elsewhere that the calcium part (#2) is light on other elements with the understanding that CA might be the most variable element in the equation. Not sure if there's truth to that but it would be helpful.

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I wouldn’t worry about the traces as there is not many in number 2 as that one is the one that is designed to be doseable at a different amount.

Just leave that channel off and carry out your water changes and it should be ok

djbetterly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’ll prob be okay, mine was an alk overdose, the entire bottle...needless to say it didn’t fare well. I now changed the positioning of my doser, containers and tube placement to prevent siphoning.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 45 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.4%
Back