Core7 initial starting dose (75 gallon total volume)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well IMO the Triton looks better.
Though theres to many potential differences in the photography alone that may account for the difference.

What does your firsthand observation reveal?

Agreed, the photo's look slightly different only because it was maybe a different time of day. My firsthand eyewitness report is that colors are brighter. That's why I felt the need to snap the pic. :)

Just looked at the pics. The Triton pic was taken at 1:56pm. The other was taken at 12:37pm. Fairly close. Lighting is the same at both times.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW since were talking coloring acros. Since I started dosing amino acids (acro power) I've noticed considerable improvements in color in my acros. This is a topic that I've yet to hear a real clear answer from Triton on. I believe I've seen them state that the macro algae releases aminos and should take care of that naturally but it's all been a bit unclear to me. Whenever I make a change I do one thing at a time to hold everything constant but am pretty convinced colors may be improved considerably with supplemental aminos even with Triton. Don't get me wrong, my colors were excellent with Triton alone but now they are glowing. lol

I wish I took a comparison photo pre amino dosing but this one really lit up in comparison. This is under day light with zero editing cell phone shot.

DPU.jpg

I have to fully agree CMO. Acropower absolutely works. Definitely not snake oil. You corals will branch more, develop a more rich color, etc. Acropower has a lot of growth related aminos. IMO, it may have a bit too much aspartame because if you dose enough of it, you'll noticed some weird little nubs coming off the corals. Usually around the bases.

I've always wanted to try Brightwell, but if it ain't broke...don't fix it. Wink Wink.

OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I don’t think after a week of dosing triton you would be able to say anything about what two part is better

I'm not here to convince you @justingraham nor am I saying that one is better than the other. I'm simply documenting my findings. I like documenting (with pics) exactly what I'm personally seeing in my reef tank. There's several other corals showing brighter and more intense colors as well. I'll be posting more pics soon.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's funny man. I believe it though.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s weird I havnt meet to many people like that in this hobby usually everyone is nice and understand that there are many ways to skin a cat

either way brite well works for me is it the same guy that was in the Brs videos?

Justin, there is a study out that suggests that some complex stony corals lack the genes for making Histidine. They're dependent on their zoox to make the Histidine for them unlike other corals. Which is why dosing amino's could be very beneficial and IMO is very important.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Justin, there is a study out that suggests that some complex stony corals lack the genes for making Histidine. They're dependent on their zoox to make the Histidine for them unlike other corals. Which is why dosing amino's could be very beneficial and IMO is very important.
Yea I will always dose aminos when you find the perfect dose where your not getting cyno or hardly dosing I can see a difference in alk uptake and colors

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not here to convince you @justingraham nor am I saying that one is better than the other. I'm simply documenting my findings. I like documenting (with pics) exactly what I'm personally seeing in my reef tank. There's several other corals showing brighter and more intense colors as well. I'll be posting more pics soon.
See to me pics mean nothing when someone says I have more colors

before triton
7F8FD28A-605F-43E0-9791-6AE2F7C17A8F.jpeg

After one dose the colors really took off

736C47D9-6BE6-430D-BA05-D7D8FE203BD0.jpeg

Now I’m not saying u did that or that u don’t think the colors look better. And triton clearly works

but with LR it’s easy to get more color
I also believe that when people want something to work they think in their mind that it is working better then it really is
You see it in build threads on here all the time when someone first gets a product they love it and tell everyone about it then a year later they no longer have it or use it with no explanation of why until someone ask are you still using blah blah blah and they respond it ended up not working as well as I thought so I went a different route

OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See to me pics mean nothing when someone says I have more colors

before triton
7F8FD28A-605F-43E0-9791-6AE2F7C17A8F.jpeg

After one dose the colors really took off

736C47D9-6BE6-430D-BA05-D7D8FE203BD0.jpeg

Now I’m not saying u did that or that u don’t think the colors look better. And triton clearly works

but with LR it’s easy to get more color
I also believe that when people want something to work they think in their mind that it is working better then it really is
You see it in build threads on here all the time when someone first gets a product they love it and tell everyone about it then a year later they no longer have it or use it with no explanation of why until someone ask are you still using blah blah blah and they respond it ended up not working as well as I thought so I went a different route

Amino Acids can yield color changes in 3 days (probably less) if the coral is in a low nutrient system and not being fed.

This is my 3rd time running Triton Core7 so you're analogy above doesn't really apply to me. :)

OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 19 Update:

Tank is doing fairly well. The hairy rock has become hairy again. Not as hairy as before, but it's trying. GSP was back out after about 5+ days. My Xenia colony deflated, but is coming back. Can't say that was Core7 related, but it hasn't happened in the 11 months my tank has been up and running. I am seeing slightly sharper colors.

I keep the Core7 on a few more months and see what happens.

OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 month 9 day update. Tank still doing good. Colors are good. Polyp extension still lacking. I ended up buying a Geo Calcium Reactor. In 2 weeks it will be running. Thanks for following along, but this is probably my last post here. ;Brb

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back