Screenshot_20180326-091345_eBay.jpg Screenshot_20180325-205534_eBay.jpg
CB Rainbow Crush Chalice- $141.50
Screenshot_20180325-220423_eBay.jpg
CB Fruity Pebbles Acro-$20.50
Screenshot_20180325-205543_eBay.jpg
CB Jack-O- Lanturn Lepto- $43 Screenshot_20180325-205523_eBay.jpg

CB inner core bowerbanski- $39.99 Screenshot_20180325-210841_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20180326-092004_eBay.jpg
I think eBay is the way to go to get Cornbred frags! What do u think?

OP
OP
Zazzy

Zazzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice pick ups!

I'd be interested to see what they look like once you get them (from shipping and to see how edited the photos are). I'm always skeptical :)

Would you be willing to post a few pics?
No problem! I still got 1000$ saved up for RAP been saving all year just goin all out haha

OP
OP
Zazzy

Zazzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ordered directly from him before and used ebay. With so many people/companies selling frags these days it is much easier to get some great deals on ebay than it used to be!
Yeah there wasn't much of a bidding war besides on the orange passion. Won by $1.50 away from my max offer

JonJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice pick ups!

I'd be interested to see what they look like once you get them (from shipping and to see how edited the photos are). I'm always skeptical :)

Would you be willing to post a few pics?

Just know when you are purchasing from him or most other vendors (there are a few exceptions) that they shoot photos under blue reefbrites or equivalent only and then adjust white balance. If you expect the pieces to look like that under 10k lighting you'll be in for a disappointment. With that said, I have been happy with what I have bought from him before. He always throws in nice freebies too.

OP
OP
Zazzy

Zazzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just know when you are purchasing from him or most other vendors (there are a few exceptions) that they shoot photos under blue reefbrites or equivalent only and then adjust white balance. If you expect the pieces to look like that under 10k lighting you'll be in for a disappointment. With that said, I have been happy with what I have bought from him before. He always throws in nice freebies too.
I like a blue tank anyways

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The WYSIWYG part is legit. The colors are also very much not legit. I do not think that Cornbred ever claims to be anything else - I have never seen him come on any board and whine about people not liking his colors and photoshopping like WWC does. You should be happy with these.

Some stuff like Rainbow Crush, bounces, jawbreakers... it is easy to find legit photos of those, so people should know what they are buying.

Michael Llabona

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep us posted on how the corals on the acros arrive. I've been thinking of buying from him

OP
OP
Zazzy

Zazzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The WYSIWYG part is legit. The colors are also very much not legit. I do not think that Cornbred ever claims to be anything else - I have never seen him come on any board and whine about people not liking his colors and photoshopping like WWC does. You should be happy with these.

Some stuff like Rainbow Crush, bounces, jawbreakers... it is easy to find legit photos of those, so people should know what they are buying.
That's why I buy from the orginators cause I can't spend 400$ on a photoshopped frag! And I paid less than half of what that chalice goes for on his sight

29bonsaireef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice, CB Orange Passion is the nicest version of OP in my opinion. I lost my colony during hurricane matthew, but was always one of my favorite corals. Hoping to pick up another someday.

AtlCPA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think most people realize the color issue. I had a ~$500 order from cornbred on ebay and the only thing that was disappointing to me was the size of the frags. Some of his stuff is TINY. I would order from him again most likely, but I'd be very selective.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nobody can afford to spend $400 on a photoshopped frag... I am with you there.

FYI - none of those are likely his originations. The OP is from Sexy Corals. The SC OP sells for more than the CB OP does... so it is awesome to get it cheaper, but you will sell it for cheaper as well if you do not lie about the lineage. When I was wanting a bounce, I did not buy a CB Bounce because they go for half of what a WWC OG Bounce goes for. Renaming other people's stuff is not always good if you want to sell on the backend. If you are buying them to raise and keep, then you did it 100% the right way.

OP
OP
Zazzy

Zazzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nobody can afford to spend $400 on a photoshopped frag... I am with you there.

FYI - none of those are likely his originations. The OP is from Sexy Corals. The SC OP sells for more than the CB OP does... so it is awesome to get it cheaper, but you will sell it for cheaper as well if you do not lie about the lineage. When I was wanting a bounce, I did not buy a CB Bounce because they go for half of what a WWC OG Bounce goes for. Renaming other people's stuff is not always good if you want to sell on the backend. If you are buying them to raise and keep, then you did it 100% the right way.
Ya I just like to trade with local friends who have like a homewrecker and stuff. Like my buddy gave me a bigRcorals WD for 75$ and the princess peach for 30$

OP
OP
Zazzy

Zazzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think most people realize the color issue. I had a ~$500 order from cornbred on ebay and the only thing that was disappointing to me was the size of the frags. Some of his stuff is TINY. I would order from him again most likely, but I'd be very selective.
Well I guess this is a learning curve and I got most for alot less than from his website and that was only a 3rd of what I have saved up fOR RAP to blow there

OP
OP
Zazzy

Zazzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just trying to collect all the rare ones for as cheap as possible then when my tank crowds I frag and try to make as much back as I can from what I invested on the frag

Back