overall good score but just fair warning, his acro frags are absolute nubs
Agreed! Got two off ebay and they looked as advertised

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah but if I'm paying less then I'm fine. As long as it grows I'm fine. It's about patientice my young Padawan.
Haha just wait until you see them in person. They certainly won't grow as fast as a normal frag. You got some cool ones though so hopefully they work out for you.

BTW, technically you're the padawan in this situation lol.

OP
OP
Zazzy

Zazzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha just wait until you see them in person. They certainly won't grow as fast as a normal frag. You got some cool ones though so hopefully they work out for you.

BTW, technically you're the padawan in this situation lol.
I think primarily all high end across are slow growers

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless you got in two years ago, it will be a $50 frag by the time that you are ready. Fox Flame and WD are about $50 a frag around here and trending down... all of the Tenius are on this track. I consider these "trendy" frags, not "high end" frags. There are too many people who will never touch them since they need trick lighting that your base for purchase is quickly saturated and they value drops quickly after a little bit. (Fox Flame is a legit coral, IMO, just easy and fast grower for everybody with more supply every day.)

If you want print money, then grow the old-school stuff that people still covet... Purple Monster, Pink Panther, 30K Lokani, Spainbow, etc... the stuff that is legit without trick lighting that has been valuable for decades and is trending up in value.

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think primarily all high end across are slow growers
Nope! Also depends on the system. Like I said you got some pretty ones so enjoy. Love rainbow chalices as well. Don't have em anymore but I had almost all of them at one point and they completely funded my current build : )

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless you got in two years ago, it will be a $50 frag by the time that you are ready. Fox Flame and WD are about $50 a frag around here and trending down... all of the Tenius are on this track. I consider these "trendy" frags, not "high end" frags. There are too many people who will never touch them since they need trick lighting that your base for purchase is quickly saturated and they value drops quickly after a little bit. (Fox Flame is a legit coral, IMO, just easy and fast grower for everybody with more supply every day.)

If you want print money, then grow the old-school stuff that people still covet... Purple Monster, Pink Panther, 30K Lokani, Spainbow, etc... the stuff that is legit without trick lighting that has been valuable for decades and is trending up in value.
Um, please sell me a fox flame and wd frag for $100 + shipping then lol. Prices are definitely going down but I have never seen a WD for $50. Fox flame sure. Wd in my experience go for 100-150 on average now. I've seen some for 75 one time but that was the exception.

Hook a brother up jda!

declanisadog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I just like to trade with local friends who have like a homewrecker and stuff. Like my buddy gave me a bigRcorals WD for 75$ and the princess peach for 30$

Where are you getting these cheap frags from? I live super close, and would love the hook up?

OP
OP
Zazzy

Zazzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where are you getting these cheap frags from? I live super close, and would love the hook up?
Some guys I met off Craigslist and realized I knew them the entire time lol. But you can find tons of people on Atlanta reef clib forum. Pm me for some trading

declanisadog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been mostly out of the hobby for the last couple years, and upon my return, have not been very impressed with the current state of ARC. I've got some stuff growing out. maybe I'll hit you up when I am ready for some trades.

jvb89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been mostly out of the hobby for the last couple years, and upon my return, have not been very impressed with the current state of ARC. I've got some stuff growing out. maybe I'll hit you up when I am ready for some trades.
He got them from me

OP
OP
Zazzy

Zazzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it's falling apart. I met the guy on Craigslist and that guy reffered me to him and the rest is history

BAUCE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

trick lighting for the WD and HW? Would have to disagree. I have both under t5s and they pop without too much blue.

LYN1wHG.png

29bonsaireef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're both really nice corals in any light. However, under actinic lighting they look almost like a whole different piece. What you pay for, and what gives these corals value is their look under actinics. Unless you run very blue lighting. You might never view these corals as what they are sold for. Wouldn't make sense for someone running a close to natural look to pay the "actinic look" price for a coral.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

The thing about WD coral is I do not get the high price on them. I do not think they are that pretty to demand that price, Fox Flame is a beautiful coral though. Almost every pic the WD looks washed out and every-time I see it in person it looks that way. It is just my personal opinion but I think because of that there is limited demand for the WD. The hobby right now A. tenuis is the hot coral and it does not matter if it looks good or not, our hobby has become more fad driven lately. You have a name and a. tenuis people will buy it and some people just want to own something expensive. I mean someone paid 5000 for a mushroom, I mean come on it is a mushroom. There was a point where people were trying to kill them. I mean some of the mushrooms have really cool colors now like the jawbreaker and should get a higher price. I have a Reefkoi artist canvas because it was beautiful and cost me a little bit but I did not pay anything close to 1000.00 or even 500.00 for it. I really Do not care if people spend allot on coral that is their choice and if a retailer can get high money for them all the more power to them, Great marketing. I just think some corals do not deserve the high price they get and WD is one of those. Some corals like the purple monster do because it is beautiful and slow grower for most.

I agree if you want to make money on a coral you need to get in early but you till can make money later because you paid less later too. If I was a retailer I would probably own a WD because of the demand. More money is made early on with out a doubt. I think allot of people buy a coral to keep it not sell it but then again people do not seem to grow corals out as much as they used it. Reef aquariums look more like frag tanks now.

I agree the oldies are coming back. which is good because I like allot of the older stuff.

This is just personal opinion.

OP
OP
Zazzy

Zazzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE: so I had them shipped last night and they arrived at 9:30 am. He threw in a freebie. The thing acro. The bowerbanki and chalice looks so accurate. I was ticked that the chalice was so small and 140$ but it's fine now I know. The acros' have not colored up yet so I will update those again in anohter month (photos taken seconds after I put into the tank)
20180403_100446.jpg 20180403_100505.jpg

View attachment 20180403_100537.jpg

View attachment 20180403_100559.jpg

View attachment 20180403_100544.jpg

View attachment 20180403_100706.jpg

View attachment 20180403_112841.jpg

View attachment 20180403_112835.jpg

View attachment 20180403_100532.jpg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back